Author Topic: Cuba, USA and Russia  (Read 2007 times)

Geoff_R

Cuba, USA and Russia
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:05:29 AM »
I get around quite a bit here's 3 snaps from a sample of locations visited last year...

Cuba

New York

Russia - Moscow

----------
Geoff_R

"Always look on the bright side of life...."

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Cuba, USA and Russia
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 10:00:59 PM »
Geoff,

I really like the first image from Cuba.  It has a very timeless quality to it.  (The old cars certainly contribute to that "timeless" feeling.) 

Although I've never had the opportunity to visit, Cuba seems like a facinating country.  I really enjoy visiting countries that take you back in time to a previous era.  I spent two years living in Sicily, where you also felt that you had somehow traveled back in time three or four decades (and sometimes centuries).

I'm very impressed with the film-like quality of this image from the Olympus E-1.  It seems like a very nice little camera.

Keith

Geoff_R

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 07:10:22 AM »
Keith Cuba was a great place to visit, I managed to mix business with pleasure having been comissioned to do some work for my old friend Amit at the Centre for Central American Studies. I'm there this time next year for a month, in Havana mainly, and really want to get under the surface on that trip and will shoot exclusively on MF film. Its such a great place and the people are very friendly. The E-1 BTW is a super little camera and with the right lens a truly great camera....mine has now expired after a hard life...but I will replace it at some point.
----------
Geoff_R

"Always look on the bright side of life...."

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 08:59:06 AM »
Geoff,
Thanks for sharing.  We definitely need to visit Cuba someday as our son would be so fascinated by the 'old fashioned cars'.  I can hear it now 'LLLLOOOOOK at this one Daddy!!!"    Of course, we may need to move to Canada or somewhere else to gain entry into Cuba or hopefully, they will find freedom and be open to US visitors one day--we can all hope.  I'll look forward to another travelogue when you visit for a month next year.