Author Topic: Weekly Assignment - Birds! May 19 - June 2  (Read 18141 times)

Michele

Weekly Assignment - Birds! May 19 - June 2
« on: May 19, 2012, 02:22:45 AM »
Thank you, Rick! 

Until I can sit at the computer - my back is going to fall off - on Monday, Rick has given an assignment to Sue.  I hope you don't mind, Sue, but let's all do it.  Maybe Rick will have a couple of guidelines he would like to share.  If not, let's just go with getting birds in the wild and see what we get.

Michèle

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
Re: Weekly Assignment - Birds! May 19 - June 2
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »
Michele,
sorry to hear about Lauren, how is her ankle doing?  The birds assignment brought back wonderful memories of Keith and my trip to Costa Rica where I got lots of practice photographing humming birds.  I remember starting with them at a feeder and trying to get them in flight.  One thing I learned was I had to put my long lens (on a tripod) on manual focus as the auto focus would 'search' too much and was not fast enough.  So, I would autofocus on the feeder and then tweak it with manual focus to capture the bird as it pulled back from the feeder (and not have the feeder in the shot). 

My only tip of the day.  Have fun!

Rebecca

Michele

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 11:20:36 AM »
Still having some major issues in regards to Lauren.  She is still on crutches and can't really put weight on her foot.  I am so sorry that I am not more involved.  It has been a bit tedious doing some assignments for clients and still handling all the appointments involving Lauren. I have another photo shoot at a company on Monday for the whole day and after that one, my schedule should free up.  We need a new assignment nevertheless.   Sometimes life gets a little frustrating on my own but normally it's not so busy.   I love the work I am getting, however, all the editing is keeping me away from the domestic cr-p I should be doing in my house (laundry is sky-high) and this website (which keeps me sane). Also, the children have school theatres, soccer tournaments and flute recitals in the next week...  Eek.  Enough with the self-pity...  I would love to do something technical for the next assignment. Welcoming any ideas...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:06:24 PM by Michele »

sue.pepin

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 03:38:11 PM »
Michele, so sorry to hear about Lauren.  Life gets in the way of what we want to do!  How about an assignment of animals?  Rick and I went to Mt Evans on Sat and we got some great pictures of Mt Goats and Big Horn Sheep.  The animals could be domestic or wild.

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 07:25:59 AM »
I'm game for an animal assignment.  That's one of my weakest areas so I could use some practice there. 
I created an album for it, if you're all okay with this.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:43:25 AM by prairiedust »
Dave Leiker (PrairieDust)
Exploring the Rural Midwest

sue.pepin

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 09:52:31 AM »
I don't think you have any weak subject.  By the way, were your ears ringing last night?  We had a great thunderstorm, not much rain, but the most beautiful clouds I have ever seen.  Rick and I both said you should be with us because you would have loved it.  We also thought that we need to do a photo outing in the Springs.  Keith and you could come and stay with us for a weekend!

sue.pepin

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 10:04:17 AM »
Dave, I don't think you shared the folder.  I can't see it to upload files.

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 11:33:52 AM »
I tried but I don't where that setting is. Sorry, we'll get it figured out.

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 11:54:50 AM »
Is it working now?  I think I fixed it.
I'm spending the wandering through the Flint Hills looking for a herd of wild mustangs. So far all I've found are cows, a turtle, a frog, and birds. Oh, and llamas (!)

sue.pepin

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 02:32:34 PM »
Love it!  This reminds me to look for all the baby Llamas around here.

sue.pepin

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 03:16:30 PM »
The link is fixed.  I updated a few pictures.