Author Topic: Weekly Assignment - Mid-April through May 13th  (Read 14489 times)

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
Weekly Assignment - Mid-April through May 13th
« on: April 27, 2012, 06:28:27 AM »
The Universe of Small Creatures -  Close-up and macro photography of bugs, bees, spiders, butterflies...  or any other small things that grab you.  I was going to put together a longer introduction and tutorial but had a nasty computer crash and am busy putting the pieces back together. So, in the meantime, here's an excellent intro by Frank Phillips:
http://frankphillips.com/beautifulbugs/howto.htm.

If you don't have good bugs around we'll also take small animals (i.e. birds, lizards, frogs, and small mammals)  Cats are fine in a pinch.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:58:07 AM by prairiedust »
Dave Leiker (PrairieDust)
Exploring the Rural Midwest

Michele

Re: Weekly Assignment - Mid-April through May 13th
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 06:51:17 AM »
Yup, it's bug time!

I will be doing the results for the black and white and the voting thread on the weekend.

This is going to be fun!

Michèle

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 07:57:18 AM »
Thank you Dave.  Wonderful image to get us started.

Michele

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 05:45:47 AM »
Hi everyone, with Lauren still on crutches, it has been impossible to do anything as they have been on vacation and I have been their entertainment.  As of Monday, I will be back on the site and (with a sigh of relief) they will be back in school. 

TrvlRick

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 05:56:22 PM »
Hello Michelle, I hope Lauren is doing better. We didn't have any assignment this week so I gave Sue an assignment to take photos of birds in the wild so she can practice with her new lens.  :)

Michele

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 04:29:02 AM »
If you have any guidelines for Sue, please put them in the assignment so we can do it too, Rick.  Update, we went to the doctor.  Lauren can't put any weight on her ankle.  We are going for an MRI.

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 09:11:20 AM »
Sad to hear.  She probably longs to be running again.
I enjoyed everybody's bug shots.  The last of the chigger bites are finally disappearing after my own adventures, but it was worth it.  Now I have to find some birds to harass.
Dave Leiker (PrairieDust)
Exploring the Rural Midwest