Author Topic: Hello From Omaha  (Read 1592 times)

Ribot

Hello From Omaha
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:55:37 PM »
Hello!  My name is Alan Albrecht. 

I am a business analyst for a family owned company here in Omaha.  I have worked in the IT field my entire working life.

To date I can divide my life into thirds.  The first third was spent in northern Wisconsin.  The second third was lived in St. Louis.  The current third I have spent here in Omaha.  Additionally there was a two year span in West Germany thanks to the United States Army.

One of my passions is thoroughbred horse racing.  I owned thoroughbreds for twenty years and raced in Illinois, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Nebraska.  I still try to play the ponies once a week.

I have been taking photos for the last five years.  My favorite spots to take photos are the Omaha Zoo and any thoroughbred racetrack.  Or shooting my two sons when they are playing basketball, baseball, soccer, or football.  (Omaha has a great zoo.  Easily one of the top five in the United States.  A must stop if you ever pass through Omaha.)

I am a member of the Nebraska Thoroughbred Breeders Association and Mensa.

I am a Green Bay Packer fan, a Chicago Cubs fan, and a movie buff.  I fish for blue gills and crappies with a fly rod.  Since my college days I have been a good pool player.  I keep trying to develop a taste for wine but I guess I will always be a beer drinker at heart.

So now you probably know more about me than the people I work with. ~ Alan

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Hello From Omaha
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 08:46:11 PM »
Hi Alan,

Thank you very much for introducing yourself.  I'm always amazed at how multi-faceted people are once you get to know them.

I've enjoyed seeing your images in the weekly assignments.  My favorite was "Can't remember if I was coming or going."  I hope to see more soon.

Welcome to the community.  Please be sure and ask if you have any questions.

Keith