Author Topic: a few portraits  (Read 12236 times)

Luc Bigler

a few portraits
« on: July 06, 2012, 02:56:12 AM »
I am starting to look at the photos I took during our last long trip through Asia, Australia and NewZealand and decided to post a few faces on the site. Most of them were taken around a wedding we were invited to in Delhi last November. I was fascinated by the beauty of the turbans of the sikhs and the skills needed to fold the 4 - 5 meters of cloth into such a refined head cover. I sometimes regret that we Europeans/ Westeners have to a large degree lost the sense of dressing nicely for a special occasion. We attended 3 important functions during the 3 days of wedding celebration and we were supposed to wear different (nice) clothes for each one of them.   

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: a few portraits
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 05:50:30 AM »
Thank you for sharing these Luc.  Your image of the juice merchant is exceptional, and the composition for your image of the priest is outstanding.

I think it is important for us to be able to see other cultures through friendly eyes (instead of the critical eyes of the news media) so thank you very much for sharing these.

marilyn

Re: a few portraits
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 03:45:34 PM »
These are beautiful images, Luc!  Thanks so much for sharing this part of the world through your eyes!  I just added a new gallery with photos from our road trip up to Seattle and down the coast with 3 days in northern CA in Trinidad (you could go on hikes and see redwoods and beaches on the same hike), then back home through Nevada, stopping off in Tonapah at the refurbished Mizpah hotel and revisiting the cemetery in Goldfield where Clay had been involved in shooting a film called The Ghosts of Goldfield.  All in all, an amazing trip in terms of variety of scenery (shot WAY too many photos!!) and we loved the cool days and nights away from Vegas!  Hope to see photos of others.  I miss all of my friends in the Spirit of Photography community!