Author Topic: Voting for the "Photo Essay" Weekly Photography Assignment.  (Read 2652 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Voting for the "Photo Essay" Weekly Photography Assignment.
« on: August 08, 2011, 11:34:30 AM »
Please vote for up to three of your favorite essays from the "Photo Essay" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  You can select one, two, or three separate essays to vote on.  To vote for your favorite essay, please select the check boxes associated with the essay in the poll attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  If you change your mind after your initial vote, you can select the "remove vote" option and resubmit your vote.  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 14 August 2011.

The guidelines for this assignment were simply to use a series of images to tell a story.  The idea was to get you to think about what images might be needed to effectively tell a story while you still had an opportunity to capture those images (i.e., before you're putting the story together on the computer).  Participants were invited to post the images in a forum thread, along with the necessary accompanying text, or to provide a link to an external slideshow, etc.  Voting for the photo essays is going to be a bit of an experiment, but I've tried to come up with a viable method.  I suspect that posting all the essays in one thread would bog down the server and result in very slow page loads, etc. so for now I'll try posting a link in the voting thread for each essay.  You will need to click on the associated link to view each essay, and then come back to the voting thread to submit your votes.  It might be easier to right-click on the links and select the "open in new tab" or "open in new window" option if you want the ability to view multiple essays at once.

NOTE:  There are several links below that will take you to different locations within the original "Photo Essay" thread.  If at first the link doesn't look like it is taking you to the right place in the thread, give the page time to load all the images before trying to scroll.  If you are patient, it seems to work.  It's probably easiest to open a new window for each submission instead of scrolling through the entire Photo Essay thread.

It's MY rabbit!

Eating Ants

Travois

Drilling a Well

Ashlynn's Athletic Antics

Structures and Patterns - Champagne Region in France

Pratt County Fair - Girl and Steed Against the Heat

Dog Day at the Pool

Weekend Getaway

Persistent Squirrel

Arizona Storm Moving In

I think I managed to gather together the links for all of the photo essays onto this one page, but if I forgot one please let me know and I will add it to the list.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:30:11 PM by keithsnell »

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Voting for the "Photo Essay" Weekly Photography Assignment.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 04:25:47 PM »
Is the voting working out OK for everyone?  The links to the assignment submissions are working OK?

Please let me know if you have any troubles voting for this assignment (other than not being able to choose between such great submissions).

Keith