Author Topic: "Travel," Photography Assignment for 23 May - 12 June 2011  (Read 1518 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Because of our schedule over the next several weeks, I've decided that instead of having a different assignment each week, I would run three assignments concurrently, but they would all be three weeks long.  Hopefully the opportunity to participate in three different assignments over that time period will keep everyone engaged.  (Please continue to visit the site and participate in the assignments even if you don't hear much from me during the next three weeks.)  I believe that we all learn from each other, so I encourage you all to comment or make suggestions on the images that are submitted for the assignments.

The topic for one of these assignments is "Travel."  :)  I'd like to see images that capture the excitement and adventure associated with traveling or journeying to a new location.  Traveling almost always involves some mode of transportation, and these modes of transportation are often an important part of the story.  

Even if you aren't traveling to a location that is new to you, try visiting your home town as if you were a tourist visiting a foreign city.  I find that if I can successfully put myself in that frame of mind, that I begin to see and appreciate things that I overlook or take for granted during my day-to-day life.  Composing photographs with the goal of helping others to see the beauty and uniqueness of a place can often help us appreciate that beauty more fully than we would if we weren't actively looking and trying to convey that uniqueness and beauty to others.

Please upload your images to the "Travel" album n the Weekly Assignments gallery no-later-than midnight Mountain time (GMT - 07:00) on Sunday, 12 June 2011.  I'm looking forward to sharing in your journeys.

Keith
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 01:39:14 PM by keithsnell »