Author Topic: Voting for the "Fragility" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 2839 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Voting for the "Fragility" Weekly Photography Assignment
« on: March 28, 2011, 06:21:05 PM »
Please vote for your favorite three images from the "Fragility" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  To vote for your three images, please select the check boxes associated with those images in the poll attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  You can select one, two, or three separate images to vote on.  If you change your mind after your initial vote, you can select the "remove vote" option and resubmit your vote.  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 3 April 2011.

The guidelines for this assignment were to construct an image in such a way that it emphasizes the fragile nature of your subject.

Crocus

by a thread

New Life

Focused on Momma

Life is Fragile

ready for the World!

hanging by a thread

daffodils

Mama's Reminder

Precession

Fragile

Young Minds

Life

Respecting fragility: Books, family, and democracy

Spring Snow Storm

Wine For Sale

Barbed wire

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:31:30 PM by keithsnell »

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Voting for the "Fragility" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:11:46 PM »
Don't forget to vote.  (The competition is close this week. :) )

Keith

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:21:42 PM »
Wow, this is another tough week.  I appreciate that Keith upped our votes to three, but I need more this week!!

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 02:06:29 PM »
There's still a tie for People's Choice, so make sure to vote for your favorite.

Keith

Michele

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 12:32:09 AM »
Hi Keith, do we have to pick three?  I agree that sometimes it is really hard to choose a favorite among some of the assignments, but I think I prefer doing that because it really forces me to make a decision and discover what it is that makes that one photo stand out.  When we pick more than one, the effort is not the same.  At least that is my opinion.

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 06:58:49 AM »
Hi Michele,

I agree that only being able to pick a single favorite is better because it often forces us to look at the images more thoroughly in order to make a decision.  On the other hand, when I only allowed a single vote, there were some very, very good images that weren't getting any votes because they were competing against an exceptional image that week, and that didn't seem like it would be very encouraging.

I'll have to see if I can think of a better option.

Keith

Michele

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 08:22:44 AM »
I see your point.  So leave it the way it is.  It is a learning site and the motivation that comes along with it is key to all our development.  I was only wondering if we actually had to pick three.   Or could we just pick one even though it is set up for three?

Michèle

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 08:26:32 AM »
Yes, you can pick only one if you want.  I'll update the instructions to list that option. :)

Thank you for asking,

Keith