Author Topic: The Shot John Gichigi....  (Read 4850 times)

Geoff_R

The Shot John Gichigi....
« on: May 19, 2008, 12:45:21 PM »
one of getty's top staff shooters, didnt get he was too busy reviewing his shots right foreground. I didnt give him too much of a hard time about it:-) Keith apologies by the way for only dipping in now and then I'll spend some more time here at the coming weekend and add some comments to pics etc....

best
----------
Geoff_R

"Always look on the bright side of life...."

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: The Shot John Gichigi....
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 05:08:40 PM »
Geoff,

I admire any working Pro that can consistently "get the shot."  It seems like I'm constantly irritated at myself because I've not set the camera "correctly," or missed a shot because I wasn't "in the game."  It takes experience, concentration, and lots of practice to consistently "nail" each shot every time.  It doesn't help that each new generation of cameras gets more complex and takes longer to learn.  I'm not complaining though, just noting that I really admire the folks that are on top of their game and can maintain the concentration required to keep getting great shots time after time.  That's one of the reasons I am starting to look for any excuse to pick up the camera.  I'm looking forward to the day when operating the camera becomes like playing a musical instrument, I think the notes, and my fingers do the rest, without having to consciously think about all the intervening steps.

No need to apologize for not visiting recently.  I enjoy all your images and posts, and appreciate that you take the time when you can to share your images and experiences.  I'll look forward to more at the coming weekend . . .  :)

Keith

kewk

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 05:22:13 PM »
I've always been curious about the photographers at sports events. What is the process of being "that guy"... the things unrelated to actual photography? Are most of these guys planted by high paying media? Or are these spots rented by the promoters of the event?

PWinAK

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 01:32:01 AM »
awesome shot!