Author Topic: Hello from Luc in Switzerland  (Read 1704 times)

Luc Bigler

Hello from Luc in Switzerland
« on: November 20, 2010, 03:28:28 AM »
I joined Spirit of Photography a few weeks back but I am only slowly discovering all the site has to offer. That is why I only introduce myself today. I was encouraged by Michèle to join when she heard I was interested in photography. I am the father of the "flying girl" by Michèle everybody admired 2(?) weeks back. I am 67 (today!) and hope to have more time now that I am retired to do more photography. My creative side was neglected for many years now because of heavy work load in my profession. I am Swiss and French and married (for the last 40 years and hopefully many more) to a New Zealander. We have 3 daugthers (35, 33 and 23) who have all left home. We live in a small village in the French speaking part of the Jura about 1 hour southwest of Basel. For my work as a development economist I have spent a number of years in Nepal, Bangladesh and India and since travelled and visited many exotic places in Asia, Africa, Latin America. Most of my slides (taken with Olympus OM1, 2 and 4) are still waiting to be digitalised. This is one of my retieree projects. One of my weaknesses in photography is that I get excited about something I see (and the light seems just right...) and I shoot without much attention to technique, ajustments. I realise I have a lot to learn. I am excited about it! The assignements are an excellent challenge to think through how to visualise a subject, an idea. I love it!   

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Hello from Luc in Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 07:53:55 AM »
Hi Luc,

Thank you very much for introducing yourself.  And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

You have already shown us a few wonderful images, and I hope to see many more.  I also have slides that are still waiting to be digitized (after many, many years).  Every now and then I will go search for some that I remember and take the time to scan them.  I would love to see some of your images from your travels when you get those scanned.  And of course to us, Switzerland is an "exotic place," and so we love to see images of Switzerland too.

I'm glad you enjoy the assignments.  I think all of us get so busy with other things in life (I have two young children that keep me busy) that we often neglect our photography.  The assignments are my way of encouraging us all to "exercise" our photography skills.

Welcome to Spirit of Photography.  Your images are wonderful and I am looking forward to seeing more.

Keith

Michele

Re: Hello from Luc in Switzerland
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 06:09:35 AM »
Happy belated, Luc.  

Je suis désolé de ne pas pouvoir venir et voir ces diapositives de l'Egypte! Joëlle m'a parlé de ta visite et j'aurais tellement aimé t'avoir parlé en personne mais Justin ne se sentait pas bien et hier c'était une nuit brutale.  Son asthme a donné un coup de pied, et en plus, il y a une toux grossière. Je vais probablement au docteur aujourd'hui.  Samedi, j'ai été prise dans un brouillard en route de Sursee (ce qui devrait pendre une heure m'a pris environ trois).  Je suis arrivée à la maison 4 heures le matin.  À être debout la nuit dernière avec Justin, je suis vraiment battue.  

As-tu la neige dans tes parties ? Nous avons la neige aujourd'hui!  À un certain point, je dois vraiment faire le devoir de cette semaine! Je déteste les manquer parce que je crois sincèrement que quand nous les faisons, même quand nous avons pas le temps, les devoirs nous pousse et nous motive sans même réaliser l'impact.

Encore une fois, merci de nous avoir joindre.  Je sais que tu vas jouir de ce groupe. Je me sens reconnaissant que je les ai trouvés! Ils sont si impressionnants avec leur talent et leur connaissance.  

Je te souhaite une belle journée et j'espère que tu participeras avec nous pour très longtemps.  Et encore une fois, bonne anniversaire!

Michèle
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 06:25:30 AM by Michele »