Author Topic: chat  (Read 2080 times)

Becky Jenner

chat
« on: October 12, 2010, 11:49:24 AM »
For one...is anybody else experiencing page difficulty here  ???? For the last 3 days nothing wants to load and or I keep getting "error" messages :(   and...Keith have you ever considered a chat box on here for real time talk/discussions? We have one at http://www.lovingmixedmedia.com/ and it's great to chat with fellow artists in real time about our projects and can get questions answered in seconds :)   Just a thought!
Becky

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: chat
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 12:33:50 PM »
Hi Becky,

I've noticed the site was just a little bit slower than normal, but thought that might be due to the fact that Rebecca has been moving large files over our wireless connection for her work.  I've checked the logs and haven't seen anything unusual, but will continue to monitor the site over the next several days.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll check into adding a chat function on the site.

Keith

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 01:44:29 PM »
Hi Becky,

I did receive a few server errors while working on the site today, and called my hosting company and asked them to investigate.  If the performance issues continue I can try migrating to a new hosting plan but that always comes with the danger that I will break the site.  I if I take that route, I'll have to wait until November when I will have some time to dedicate towards migrating the site.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Keith

Michele

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 02:26:32 PM »
Wait a while before doing something drastic.  They might just get it together.

Becky Jenner

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 05:44:36 PM »
Thanks Keith! I have a new computer,WiFi, and top notch software that's why I thought their might be a problem.Large file moving may be causing it :p Like Michelle says...it may just get itself together :) Hope it won't be a problem with the chat box...I just think it may keep us all a bit more closer!
Becky

Becky Jenner

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 05:47:29 PM »
P.S.  after leaving last message this is what I kept getting...wasn't sure if would be of any help or not. Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at community.spiritofphotography.com Port 80
Becky

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 06:10:53 PM »
Thanks Becky.   I saw that error too.  I think the server was being hit hard by spammers.  It seems to be better now, but I'll watch it over the next couple of days.

Keith