Author Topic: "Rockwellesque," Weekly Photography Assignment for 10 - 16 May 2010  (Read 5182 times)

Michele

Re: "Rockwellesque," Weekly Photography Assignment for 10 - 16 May 2010
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 11:12:24 AM »
Me too.  Had she been hit, it would have sent her flying.  (Borrowed a laptop and looking at this in bed.)  Although my kids do not understand why I hurt so much, they have been pretty decent about entertaining themselves.  All I have to do is cook and feed them.  Eventually I will have to do the dishes... 

Thank you, Keith, it is interesting reading.  Especially about the photographer that influenced him when he worked as an assistant.

girod

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 05:48:56 PM »
Very sorry to hear about your rib fracture. Have they offered you intercostal nerve block for pain control? have a grand time reading.

Michele

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 02:20:09 AM »
Nope.  Sounds interesting.  I have pain killers and muscle relaxants.  I try not to take them except when it's really bad and I am trying to sleep.

Michèle

girod

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 06:37:06 AM »
It's basically numbing the nerve (intercostal) that runs beneath each ribs with local anesthetics (lidocaine, bupivacaine etc) - usually 3 nerves are blocked - along the affected rib and the nerves above and below. Because the pain control is very local, you get to be able to move more and be more functional.

Michele

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 10:59:57 AM »
Well, I am moving.  It's the floating rib that is fractured.  I also have a very ugly bruise on my back.  I can't stop and do nothing, I have kids and I don't really have any help at the moment.  My friends will help me with lifts for the kids and stuff but I mean every day chores.  My house can fall apart a bit, I don't care, but I still have to cook and stuff.  Today it took me about an hour to empty and fill up the dishwasher.  I have to be really slow but to be honest, this is not as painful as I thought it would be.  It is when turn in any shape or form, then I have a sharp reminder but then I am ok again.  I am really tired though and very achy.

Wah-wah for me...    This better get better sooner than the doctors say or I am going to get very cranky.   >:(

Have a good week everyone.

Michèle