Author Topic: Outing Announcement: Cinco De Mayo Festival in Denver, 3 May 08  (Read 3744 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
We're planning a photography "outing" to the Cinco De Mayo celebration in Denver on the morning of 3 May 2008.  (Yes, the celebration is on the 3rd and 4th, not the Cinco.)  Rebecca recommended that we carpool up to South Denver and then take the light rail into the city center.  This will allow us to travel as a group and not worry about parking problems in the city center.  The parade is at 10 AM, so we will leave Colorado Springs early enough to get to the parade.  We'll firm up the details once we know how many people are interested in joining us. 

You can find out more details about Denver's Cinco De Mayo Festival at this link:  http://search.cityguide.aol.com/denver/entertainment/cinco-de-mayo-celebrate-culture-festival/e-1945538 

Rebecca and I are hoping to get some good images of folklorico dancers and strolling mariachi bands to submit to our stock agent.  It should be a great time, and provide an opportunity to practice our photography and socialize a bit.  Please respond to this thread if you are interested in joining us.

Keith

werikblack

Re: Outing Announcement: Cinco De Mayo Festival in Denver, 3 May 08
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 04:49:36 PM »
Please put me down as a "probably." I'm coming from the north, so won't meet up with you beforehand, but we can figure something out for meeting up downtown.

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 05:27:06 PM »
Eric,

Excellent.  We'll iron out the details as we get closer to the 3rd.

Keith

werikblack

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 09:23:39 AM »
Ack! I goofed up!  :-\ I'm going to Cheyenne Wells for a machine gun shoot on the 2nd and spending the night, so I won't be able to make it. Sorry 'bout that! I was looking forward to it.