Author Topic: Hello from South Africa  (Read 1525 times)

Melissa

Hello from South Africa
« on: September 03, 2009, 02:01:55 AM »
Hello all.

My name is Melissa and I live in Johannesburg, South Africa.

I have been doing photography for 9 months now.
I have a Canon 1000D with the kit lens 18-55mm. I’m busy saving for a flash and another lens together with some extra accessories.

I have studied correspondence through a college here in SA but feel I need more practice and guidance.
I have taken part in larger forums where you don’t necessarily get personal feedback.
As well as local forums where they talk more junk than photography ::)

Your community looks dedicated to learning and I appreciate that.
My main reason for joining is to participate in your weekly assignments.
This is motivating to take pictures weekly and get some feedback on them.

I'm online regulary but not everyday!

I still need a lot of learning and advice.
Look forward to posting, learning and making some friends!

Melissa

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Hello from South Africa
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 07:17:32 AM »
Hi Melissa,

Welcome to the community.   The weekly assignments do provide motivation to get out each week and practice, and improve our photography.  I learn something each week, even though I am the "instructor" for the assignments.

I've seen several of our most consistent participants in the weekly assignments improve greatly over the last year, so I think they find the assignments useful as well.  If you have any specific topics you would like me to cover, just let me know and I will work them in.

I'll look forward to seeing your images and reading your posts in the forum.  If you have any questions please be sure to ask.

Keith
Spirit of Photography
Community Host

Oh, and thank you very much for taking the time to introduce yourself.  It really helps us maintain the friendly and helpful atmosphere of our little community when people take the time to introduce themselves.