Author Topic: Hello from Stan Petersen  (Read 1542 times)

spetersen

Hello from Stan Petersen
« on: March 03, 2009, 09:17:54 AM »
Hello everyone. I live and work in the Idaho Falls, Idaho area. The majority of my photography has been landscape and mostly shot in Grand Teton National Park which is about 100 miles from where I live. Besides being iconic, this place has palpable spiritual power that keeps me coming back. I also shoot many places in Idaho, which is abundant with landscape. I've dabbled in portraiture and travel photography as well. I use a Canon 350XT with the kit lens and a second telephoto zoom.

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Hello from Stan Petersen
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 09:43:06 AM »
Hi Stan,

Welcome!  and thank you for introducing yourself.  You are very lucky to live in that part of the country.  I understand what you mean when you say that the Tetons have a "palpable spiritual power."  It's tough to explain that spiritual power to anyone that hasn't experienced it, nevertheless it is there.  I wish more people could understand the power of the natural world to reconnect us to what really matters.  All of my dreams center around teaching our son and daughter to connect to and love the natural world. 

Welcome to our little community, and please keep sharing your beautiful images with us.

Keith