Author Topic: Results and Feedback for "A Way of Life" Assignment  (Read 1655 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Results and Feedback for "A Way of Life" Assignment
« on: September 07, 2008, 10:17:34 PM »
Thank you to everyone that participated in the "A Way of Life" assignment.  The assignment was to photograph a scene that conveys "a way of life" for a culture, subculture, or group of people.  Your image should "tell a story," and will be most successful if it evokes an emotional response in the viewer. 

Congratulations to Naomi, whose image "Portrait of Peggy Sue," was the well deserved People's Choice, as well as the Editor's Choice for Artistic Merit and Editor's Choice for Technical Merit.  Not only was this a well executed portrait (with a very nice monochrome treatment), it told an excellent "story," and made me smile.  I can imagine Naomi and her friend laughing and having a great time (and maybe a drink or two?) as they took the picture.  Thanks for making me smile Naomi!

Portrait Of Peggy Sue

Honorable mention is awarded to the "Waiting in Disgust" image submitted by Becky Jenner.  This image was also successful at "telling a story" and evoking an emotional response in the viewer.

Waiting in Disgust

Thank you again to everyone that participated in this assignment.  (Excellent work Naomi!)

Keith
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 04:33:46 PM by keithsnell »