Author Topic: Results and Feedback for the Controlling Perspective Assignment  (Read 1564 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Thank you to everyone that participated in the "Controlling Perspective" assignment.  The guidelines for "Controlling Perspective" were:  "You should use focal length selection and the techniques you learned in the previous perspective assignments to actively control the perception of depth and relative scale of objects in the scene."

Congratulations to Naomi, who's image "He Died With His Boots On" was selected as People's Choice and awarded the Editor's Choice for Artistic Merit.

"He Died With His Boots On."   

Naomi's image "Ingenue" was awarded the Editor's Choice for Technical Merit.  In her image description Naomi described the techniques she used to create this image.  She focused on the eyes in order to clearly define them as the point of interest in the image.  She had her model tilt her head so the upper part of her face was closest to the camera lens and used a wide angle (21mm) lens to empasize the size of her models eyes in relation to the rest of the scene.  Darkening the model's hair ensured that the model's  forehead didn't become dominant and detract attention from the eyes.  Very well done.

Ingenue

Honorable Mention is awarded to Naomi's "Judgement Day" image.  In a different take on "perspective," Naomi shot this image from below eye level in order to "give the impression that he was looking down at you making you feel smaller and giving him an air of authority and power."  The blown out sky and ragged looking tree in the background add to the feeling that this scene is taking place in a searingly hot and harsh environment.  Again a very well executed image.

Judgement Day

I think Naomi deserves a hearty "thank you" from all of us for providing such great examples during our weekly assignments.  I know we've all been busy (new baby anyone?) but I think we need to give Naomi a little more competition for the next few weekly assignments.   :)

Keith
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 03:57:49 PM by keithsnell »