Author Topic: Results and Feedback for the "Precious Things" Assignment  (Read 1554 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Results and Feedback for the "Precious Things" Assignment
« on: August 11, 2008, 08:33:44 AM »
Thank you to everyone that participated in the "Precious Things" assignment.  There were some great images submitted for this assignment that helped remind us how important photography is for recording and remembering those precious moments in life.

The guidelines for "Precious Things" were very simple.  "Your images should tell a story, convey a message, or evoke an emotional response in the viewer."

Rod's "Plum's new growth shoots" image brought a smile, both because of the message with the image, and the fact that he heeded my previous nagging and cropped the image.  Good job Rod!  (I noticed from the EXIF data that this image was shot at a large aperture of f3.2.  Given that there was no distracting background in this image, I would have probably tried to shoot this one at a smaller aperture in order to get all three buds in focus.)

Plum's new growth shoots

Lar's image also brought a smile, and brought back memories of my "audiophile" days.  I agree with Lars that beautiful music is a very precious thing that "fills our soul."

This is a precious "thing" for me

I also enjoyed Ellen's image "Wonder," which reminded me of the pleasure we get from sharing the wonder of a young child.

Wonder

Janet's "A Mother's Love" image won the vote for "People's Choice."  Rebecca and I had fun photographing our new daughter, McKenzie; however, one of our favorite images of the day was of a spontaneous moment between Rebecca and McKenzie captured by her mom, Janet.

A Mother's Love

Naomi's "Assurance of Love" image is awarded "Editor's Choice for Artistic Merit."  Naomi did a great job controlling the lighting for this image and a wonderful job capturing the personality of the young girl and subtly illustrating her bond with her mom.

Assurance Of Love

Honorable Mention goes to Naomi's "Friendship is Precious" image.  I really liked this image.  Naomi did a great job capturing the personalities and friendship of these two women.  This is one of those images that help remind us how precious friends are, and how important photography is for recording and remembering these wonderful relationships.

Friendship Is Precious

Thank you again to everyone that participated, and congratulations to Janet and Naomi for their wonderful images.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:35:34 AM by keithsnell »