Author Topic: "Legends," Weekly Photography Assignment for 31 October - 7 November 2010  (Read 2004 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
This is your opportunity to practice using your craft to tell a story.  I've started the assignment week a day early so that those of you that are interested can use images from Halloween for your "Legends" story.

Your assignment is to compose an image that conveys a story about a character from legend.  It would be fun to read about legends specific to your geographic area.  Please upload your images to the "Legends" album in the weekly assignments category of the Gallery no-later-than midnight, Mountain Time (GMT - 07:00) on Sunday, 7 November 2010.

I'll look forward to your stories.

Keith

Michele

Umm.  Halloween legends or legends of our region.  I am one of the very few that does Halloween in my region.  So much so that they did a newspaper interview with me two years ago and it was a full-page spread. 

So, if you want Swiss culture, this does not include Halloween.  I can present some other legend, if you like, more to the area.

???

keithsnell

• Administrator
Yes, please, we would love to see a photo story about legends of your region.  That was the original intent of the assignment, I just opened up the assignment early to make it easy for people to participate if they wanted to use the people in costume to convey their legend.  But I'd much rather see images of the historic legends of your region.

Thanks for asking the question.

Keith

Michele

Re: "Legends," Weekly Photography Assignment for 31 October - 7 November 2010
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 11:15:32 AM »
This is a cool assignment.  Truly it has just been a really tough week on my end.  Time was just not as available.  I really do hope the weather holds enough so that I can take my idea outside.  It is a cool spot with a neat story.  Another spot with a cool legend is that bridge I took in February but you guys must be fed up with my bridges by now so I am headed to a small town close by for the next shot.  Cross my fingers on the weather.  Time ran away from me. 

I don't like that I took a picture of a painting, seems wrong.  So it would have to hail for me not to go tomorrow or I will go abstract on a few Swiss legends.  I will have to see...

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 11:57:36 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing your creativity.

Keith

Chris

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 05:39:58 PM »
Me too. I got nothin' for this one. Can't even think of a good legend.