Author Topic: Voting for the "Focus Point" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 2149 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Voting for the "Focus Point" Weekly Photography Assignment
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:50:44 AM »
Please vote for your favorite image from the "Focus Point" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  The guidelines for this assignment were to compose a scenic or landscape image while consciously determining where to focus in your scene in order to attain the desired level of acceptable sharpness throughout the image. The assignment description provided background information on the concept of depth of field, and encouraged participants to use a hyperfocal distance chart to determine the appropriate focus distance for their image.

To vote for an image, simply select the image title in the "poll" attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 14 March 2010.  

Algae Bloom

Exploring the Beach

To the Monastery

A struggle

Wind-blown Grass and Barn

Windblow-Grass alt 1

Cut Corn Stalks

Star Ballroom

kid focus

Colorado Grass and Mountains

Thank you to everyone that participated in this assignment.  

Viewers are encouraged to respond to this thread describing why you like a particular image, or think it was particularly successful at meeting the guidelines of the assignment.

Keith
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:19:51 AM by keithsnell »

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Voting for the "Focus Point" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 10:04:21 PM »
Don't forget to vote!

Keith

Dave

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 11:36:55 PM »
I wasn't here at the time of this assignment Keith, is it ok for me to vote?

Dave

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 11:53:29 PM »
Sorry Keith, I was afraid you wouldn't see my last post in time so I voted anyway, if that's unfair to anyone I hope you can disregard my vote in some way :)
I voted for 'to the monastery' for two reasons: 1 the main criteria for the assignment was to attain focus throughout the photo, and I feel that the mission was accomplished admorably, with sharp focus achieved througout. 2 I love the ocean.....what more can I say, aesthetics are at best subjective :P

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 07:41:05 AM »
Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for voting.  We encourage people to vote even if they didn't submit any images.  Even the simple act of "voting" for the images helps people improve their photography, since voting will require them to take a few moments to consciously think about what differentiates a great image from an average image.

I agree that "To the Monastery" was an excellent image.  That image showed me a part of Switzerland that I hadn't seen before, and I really enjoyed seeing it.

Thanks again for voting.

Keith

Michele

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 07:43:19 AM »
I don't mind either.   ;)