Author Topic: CS 6?  (Read 8737 times)

Chris

CS 6?
« on: April 13, 2012, 03:05:25 PM »
I'm considering purchasing CS5 Master collection. Should I wait for CS 6? I can get CS5 today at the student price. I graduate in May. Do they offer student pricing at launch if it happens to come out before graduation? Have you tried the CS6 beta?

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: CS 6?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
I'd go ahead and buy CS5 today.  See this link from Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/products/discount-software-coupons.html?PID=3668640 which states "Buy CS5.5 today and get CS6 at no additional cost."  The info below that statement includes a link to the "student/teacher" edition, so I think you would be safe.  In the past, the educational version of Photoshop has always been a "full" version without any upgrade restrictions.  Go for it!

Keith

Michele

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 09:58:14 AM »
How funny.  I just upgraded too.  I installed the CS5 on my machine.  Bye bye to CS3...  Time to see and learn what I have missed.  I wonder if I am going to have a little let down or not.

I'm not interested in trying the Beta 6 out for a little while. 

I have been waiting to change because there is always something that comes up.  Now I realize that there will always be something, so I plunged.  Tomorrow is the 1st communion again.    I will be reading a lot tonight.

Lars

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 03:26:50 PM »
I uppgrade to CS5 from CS4 for a couple weeks ago - its a much better version and i got a great improved  raw converter for ORF- files to.

Michele

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 12:46:35 PM »
They improved the clone stamp by leaps and bounds.  I used to guess where to place the stamp and have to redo it until I got it right.  I love how you can see the stamp before using it.

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 01:06:11 PM »
They improved the clone stamp by leaps and bounds.  I used to guess where to place the stamp and have to redo it until I got it right.  I love how you can see the stamp before using it.

Yup.  One of those small things that I had forgotten about.  But you are right, it can make a big difference.

Chris

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 10:25:11 PM »
Thanks. I think I'll go ahead and order it. Now I'm trying to decide if I really need the master collection. I know I want Photoshop. My wife needs flash for a class she is taking and I'd like to learn to use it. I have Premier elements already. Dreamweaver would be nice to have but I think I'd rarely use it. Not sure if I'd really use the other stuff either. It's hard to pass up the student price on the full kit though.

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 07:01:14 AM »
Thanks. I think I'll go ahead and order it. Now I'm trying to decide if I really need the master collection. I know I want Photoshop. My wife needs flash for a class she is taking and I'd like to learn to use it. I have Premier elements already. Dreamweaver would be nice to have but I think I'd rarely use it. Not sure if I'd really use the other stuff either. It's hard to pass up the student price on the full kit though.

I'd definitely go for the version that includes Premier.  There's a good bet that you'll want a good video editing program in the future.