Author Topic: Results for the "Back-Lighting" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 4893 times)

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
Results for the "Back-Lighting" Weekly Photography Assignment
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »
Congratulations to Jack Powers, who's superb image After the Catch was selected as People's Choice.

After The Catch...    by Jack Powers

When I'm five dreamin' to be six  - Girod

Backlight leaves - Lars

....and yet, yes, She is. - Girod

Lauren and the leaves - Michele

Lauren and the leaves #2 - Michele

Lauren and the leaves, BW - Michele

Colorado Mountain Grass (weeds) -    TrvlRick

Horse riding - Michele

Are you serious? - Girod

The wind is burning - Girod

Scrub Oak Leaf - TrvlRick

Rock Climber - TrvlRick

Arches National Park -    tparrish

Always Protecting - wildshutter

Morning walk - Michele

Fall portrait - Rebecca Snell

"That's our future, behind us?" - Girod

NOLA "freezes over" - Girod

My Nightmare - Ribot

The Plant - PrairieDust (Dave Leiker)

Railroading - PrairieDust (Dave Leiker)

Dave Leiker (PrairieDust)
Exploring the Rural Midwest

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Results for the "Back-Lighting" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 09:34:26 PM »
Thank you for posting this Dave.

Congratulations Jack.  After the Catch is a captivating image.

Keith

jpowersrrt

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 09:14:34 AM »
Thank you so much for your votes and thoughtful comments, I really appreciate it and wishing you all a wonderful December.  jack

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 09:55:55 AM »
You're welcome Keith.  It didn't feel appropriate for me to do evaluations.   It requires someone with your depth of both technique and aesthetics to bring it together right.   I continue to feel inspired and humbled by the the work people put into the mix, and regular visit helps me be more versatile, I hope.  
My regrets are that I haven't really applied myself properly over time, learning the assignments in more depth.  The line you came up with some time back "Don't prove, improve" keeps going through my head.
Dave Leiker (PrairieDust)
Exploring the Rural Midwest

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 01:17:13 PM »
You're welcome Keith.  It didn't feel appropriate for me to do evaluations.   It requires someone with your depth of both technique and aesthetics to bring it together right.   I continue to feel inspired and humbled by the the work people put into the mix, and regular visit helps me be more versatile, I hope.  
My regrets are that I haven't really applied myself properly over time, learning the assignments in more depth.  The line you came up with some time back "Don't prove, improve" keeps going through my head.

Oh, but I do feel that you have the right qualifications to provide feedback on the images.  Your images prove that you have a very strong understanding of aesthetics, and obviously a good understanding of the fundamentals and techniques provides a foundation for all of your creative work.  Your images continue to inspire me and others.  I certainly appreciate all the time both you and Michele have put into keeping the assignments going.  Thank you!

Keith

Michele

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 02:35:24 PM »
I completely understand how Dave feels but I agree with Keith.  I also feel you have the understanding and knowledge base to be able to evaluate the photos.  Your comments and advice on my photos have helped me and your photos are awesome!  However, I get it.  Anyways, it's really fun helping out although I think my assignments are not very informative.  I have another one that I researched a bit better than this one (reflections and distortions) but it's not quite finished yet.  It will be by the time we finish this assignment.   Turns out reflections are tricky.   :)  
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 02:56:02 PM by Michele »