Author Topic: Maintenance Notice  (Read 2083 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Maintenance Notice
« on: March 23, 2011, 08:24:48 AM »
Upon my return from Texas, there were 177 pages of error logs indicating that several IP addresses from around the world were systematically trying to break the passwords of website members.  I'm in the process of banning those IP addresses and preventing them from accessing the website in the future.

If I make a mistake and ban a legitimate IP address (I really don't think this will happen), please let me know!

If you ever notice any activity on the website that seems strange to you, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Keith

Michele

Re: Maintenance Notice
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 12:04:12 PM »
I don't know if this counts but I get booted off often.  As well as simply going on the site is says that it can't find it at times.  I thought it could be my server but my mother has the same issues too and she is in Canada. 

Even after uploading, just before I can pick the gallery, I would get booted...

Thank you for all the extra work.

Michèle

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 01:10:29 PM »
Thanks Michele,

I do notice that the website is running a bit slower today.  Hopefully after I get some of the bad IP addresses banned, that will improve.

The hackers and spammers that continually attack the site can get very frustrating at times.  Even if they can't get through the security, their constant attacks tend to slow down the website, and cause errors for other users.

I'll try to fix the performance issues if I can.

Keith

marilyn

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »
Too bad you can't entice the hackers and spammers to spend their time doing photography rather than being so malicious. I think they'd have a better quality of life, don't you?