Author Topic: Voting for the "Bokeh Revisited" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 1720 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Please vote for up to three of your favorite images from the "Bokeh Revisited" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  You can select one, two, or three separate images to vote on.  To vote for your favorite images, please select the check boxes associated with those images in the poll attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  If you change your mind after your initial vote, you can select the "remove vote" option and resubmit your vote.  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 10 April 2011.

The guidelines for this assignment were to produce aesthetically pleasing out-of-focus areas in your images by controlling your depth of field and the relative separation between your primary subject and any foreground or background elements.

Horses Fed

Jim Hoy

Splashes of Color

Pansies

The other team scored again!

Après la pluie, le beau temps

After the rain.

Little bird

Cat Bokeh

Cup Bokeh. :)

The Floor is Lava

Tulips

Glass Trees

Quince Bokeh 1

Pure Bokeh

Morning Bud - Bokeh

Cholla fruit

Lady bug & lavender

Red fairy duster

Double Tulip

Statue Bokeh
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:58:22 PM by keithsnell »

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
Re: Voting for the "Bokeh Revisited" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:17:24 PM »
I have not had time to comment on all the shots this week, but wow, we have some beautiful shots and such a wonderful variety.   Chris I love your portrait of Jim Hoy -- my favorite portraits I've ever taken are taken with a long lens.  I just love the way it makes the person snap from the background -- great job, Chris. My favorite of yours is the one with only Jim and the hay meadow in the background.   Rick, same goes for your shot of the lacrosse players -- great 'action portrait' with good bokeh in the background to give us context without too much detail. 

Marilyn, your flowers are stunning.  My favorite is the lady bug and lavender.  Awesome job positioning it to where the background mimicked the foreground and beautiful bokeh!!  

I also loved what Keith did with the tulips -- so neat to have some from our yard look as good as the ones at Botanica--oh the magic of photography :-)   My favorite of his was 'pure bokeh'--at first I did not like the sharp leaf in that one, but it grew on me and now it just makes the picture along with those gorgeous soft tulips.    

Dave, all your pictures were so creative and beautifully executed.  My favorite of yours was the glass trees -- again the echo of the foreground and background makes that picture for me--the shot was perfectly framed.  

Michele, your 'after the rain' shot is stunning -- work of art and creatively different--good eye finding that shot.  

Finally, Chris, I really like your 'the floor is lava' shot--excellent focus point and good bokeh to allow us to know the scene, but not be overwhelmed by it.

Thanks again to everyone -- love the variety in this assignment.  Have fun shooting macros this week!

Rebecca
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:21:40 PM by RebeccaSnell »