Author Topic: "Cause and Effect," Weekly Photography Assignment for 6 - 12 December 2010  (Read 2313 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
This week's photography assignment is courtesy of Evan (our 5-year old son).  Sometimes he amazes me with his grasp of concepts.  A couple of weeks back Rebecca and I were talking about potential photography assignments during dinner and Evan said "how about having an assignment on 'cause and effect'," and he proceeded to describe what that meant.

This week's assignment is another one that will challenge our skills at using photography to convey an idea or concept, or tell a story.  Our challenge is to compose an image (or series of images) that will convey to the viewer the relationship between a cause and a resulting effect.  (Examples might be rushing water causing erosion, a factory billowing smoke and causing pollution, or some interaction between individuals that causes an emotional response.)

Please upload your images to the "Cause and Effect" album in the Weekly Assignments Category of the Gallery no-latter-than midnight, Mountain Time (GMT -07:00) on Sunday, 12 December 2010.

I'll look forward to seeing your images.

Keith

Michele

Re: "Cause and Effect," Weekly Photography Assignment for 6 - 12 December 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »
Hi Keith,

Can it be one photo that represents an inevitable outcome or does it have to be a series?

Michèle

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:00:30 AM »
Hi Michele,

Yes it can be one photo that represents an inevitable outcome. 

I'd rather have people submit one photo that illustrates the relationship between a cause and effect, however, people also have the option of submitting a series if they need to in order to convey their idea.

Keith

Michele

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 11:01:31 AM »
Cool, thank you.