Author Topic: Voting for the "Changing Seasons" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 3799 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Voting for the "Changing Seasons" Weekly Photography Assignment
« on: October 12, 2010, 01:00:24 PM »
Please vote for your favorite image from the "Changing Seasons" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  The guidelines for this assignment were to strive to compose an image that portrays a change in the seasons.

To vote for an image, please select the title in the "poll" attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 17 October 2010.  

Roaring Fork River

Aspen, Colorado

Path by Maroon Lake

Catching Snowflakes

Let it Snow!

Tractor

Approaching Harvest

Not quite trespassing

on the bridge

A colourful Death

On the top of the mountain...

The last wooden deer (for the seasons)

Dangerous "Amanita muscaria"

Autumn - Chase County #2

Authumn color

One of the fall tree people

Woodland hand

Another look at the Bellagio tree guy

The Perfect Pause

September yellow rain in New Orleans

Changing Seasons

Oxbow Bend, Grand Teton National Park

Aspens in Grand Tetons

Aspens in Grand Tetons II

Photographers in the autumn

Aspen Beginning to Change

Fall...Time to Prepare for the Long Winter

Thank you again to all the participants who shared their beautiful, creative and inspiring images for this assignment.

Keith
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:12:56 PM by keithsnell »

Michele

Re: Voting for the "Changing Seasons" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 02:27:44 PM »
THIS IS GOING TO BE TOUGH!!!!

sue.pepin

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 09:35:43 AM »
Totally agree!  I saw about 6 that I wanted to vote for.  Great job by everyone.

WriteHeart

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 07:47:49 PM »
My voting info doesn't seem to be updating. It shows my vote as the title is bold, but it doesn't have the graph next to it with the other votes. Of the three assignments in voting, only one has the graph next to it of the other votes.

Is there something different I can do to make it show up?

Thanks,
Julie

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 07:56:11 PM »
Hi Julie,

I usually "hide" the voting results until the poll is complete.  Then after the voting closes, the results magically show up.  :)  The software however likes to jump back to the default setting of showing the votes after an individual has voted.  Sometimes I don't catch the fact that the software has gone back to it's default setting, and everyone that has voted gets to see the tally.  So what you are seeing in the two threads without totals is "normal" and the thread showing the voting totals is a mistake.  If the software shows your vote as bold, then your vote has been counted and will show up in the totals when the voting closes.

I typically hide the results until the voting is complete because I don't want people to be swayed by other people's choices.  Make sense?

Keith
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:58:22 PM by keithsnell »

marilyn

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 08:19:44 PM »
Totally awesome shots.  This was a really, really, REALLY hard choice!  Thanks for the inspiration, everyone!

WriteHeart

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 09:02:53 PM »
Hi Julie,

I usually "hide" the voting results until the poll is complete.  Then after the voting closes, the results magically show up.  :)  The software however likes to jump back to the default setting of showing the votes after an individual has voted.  Sometimes I don't catch the fact that the software has gone back to it's default setting, and everyone that has voted gets to see the tally.  So what you are seeing in the two threads without totals is "normal" and the thread showing the voting totals is a mistake.  If the software shows your vote as bold, then your vote has been counted and will show up in the totals when the voting closes.

I typically hide the results until the voting is complete because I don't want people to be swayed by other people's choices.  Make sense?

Keith

Keith,

That makes sense. Thanks. It was just weird to see it in Removing Limits, but not in the others.

Thanks,
Julie

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 06:09:02 AM »
What a beautiful voting thread.  Wow, all these pictures capture the beauty of fall.  I'm bummed we are missing our Australian members as then we could have seen a hint of spring as well!  I'll have to write them and egg them on to join in again :-)   Thank you to everyone who submitted.  Incredibly hard vote this time.  Marilyn, I absolutely love your woodland hand - awesome composition and good job finding fall in Las Vegas :-).  The 'colorful death' with the single leaf is beautiful and so creative as is the 'last woodland deer', good eye finding that one!   Of course, I have such emotional connection to all of the ones submitted from the Yellowstone/Grand Teton adventure--could not have asked for a better week of changing season there.  And, I love the lone tree in the three seasons--classic shot and so well done.    So hard.  I encourage everyone to vote and then I'll work on Keith to re-write this software and give us each ten votes each time :-). 

After saying all of that, the bear getting ready for winter is tugging at my heart strings --awesome capture of one beautiful, powerful animal!

Can't wait to see how these results come out.

Rebecca