Author Topic: Old Building(for lack of a better name)  (Read 4190 times)

PWinAK

Old Building(for lack of a better name)
« on: August 21, 2010, 01:41:48 AM »
I hope this is in the right place.This shot was taken at Independence Mine.Its an old mining area up here in Alaska high in the mountains.Its beautiful.Like walking back in time.With the harsh winters here im surprised half the buildings are still standing.I got some really neat shots of the buildings that were falling down as well.

Michele

Re: Old Building(for lack of a better name)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 05:03:51 AM »
Amazing.  I love this shot.  What a building!  I'm really glad you joined us.  I can't wait to see what you post in your gallery and the assignment galleries.

I think that's what you were trying to do.  If you click on gallery and the upload button, you will see that you can choose from various galleries or make one of your own.

Seriously beautiful building shot!  I hope to see more of your work.  This is truly a great website and I hope you like the group here.

Michèle

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 06:41:59 AM »
Hi Peggy,

Great job capturing a very interesting building.  The juxtaposition of the bright red paint against the weatherworn siding really makes the viewer wonder about the story behind this building.

Keith

PWinAK

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 11:01:55 AM »
so i can make galleries for assignments too?and galleries just to put pictures in to show?Is it better to make the gallery then link the picture to a post rather then upload it to a post?Does that make sense?

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 11:13:08 AM »
Hi Peggy,

I'll typically start a gallery for each assignment and ask people to post there images for that assignment into that particular gallery.

You can start any number of personal galleries, or post your images into the appropriate "shared" gallery that I've already set up.

Yes, it's better to post your image in the gallery and then link the picture to a post.  (More efficient from a website resources standpoint.)

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions,

Keith

PWinAK

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 06:24:03 PM »
ok thanks!That does help.Its a pain to upload to photobucket then have to resize then finally be able to post and my pictures are big when i upload them with the topic so sorry about that. :)