Author Topic: Voting for the "Detail" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 2060 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Voting for the "Detail" Weekly Photography Assignment
« on: August 16, 2010, 01:19:24 PM »
I want to start by saying that you all amazed and inspired me with your submissions for this assignment.  Thank you for sharing your creativity and inspiring me to continue improving my own.

Please vote for your favorite image from the "Detail" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  The guidelines for this assignment were to compose an image while using good technique to retain the maximum amount of detail and realism for your subject.

To vote for an image, please select the title in the "poll" attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 22 August 2010.  

Planets

Kiwi fresh

Fly on the wall

Can I offer you a cup of coffee?

Sunset

Celestine and Sulfur

Celestine and Sulfur, Take II

Amethyst

Picasso through a Magnify Glass

Peach and Bug

Nail Head

Perfume Bottle

Fragments

Mbira on display

Leadville 100 Mountain Bike Race

I need free healthcare or I'm done

Viewers are encouraged to respond to this thread describing why you like a particular image, or think it was particularly successful at meeting the guidelines of the assignment.

Keith
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:52:28 PM by keithsnell »

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
Re: Voting for the "Detail" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:22:08 PM »
This is one of the toughest to decide ever!  There are so many oustanding images in the mix.
Dave Leiker (PrairieDust)
Exploring the Rural Midwest

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 08:26:27 PM »
I agree.  For the first time, EVERY shot gets my people's choice award!!  Great job everyone.  I'm so proud of how everyone pulled all of their lessons together and produced outstanding shots.  I'm not sure I can pick just one.

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 06:37:57 AM »
Don't forget to vote.  It's another "tough choice" week, but please take the time to vote (and provide feedback if you'd like).

Keith

marilyn

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 12:24:21 PM »
This was an incredibly tough decision - I wanted to vote for all of them for different reasons, and I was truly inspired by the ingenuity and technical skill evidenced by these images!!  I kept going back to Michele's kiwi image and the dragonfly (Sorry, I forget who did it).  I also keep going back to the directions about retaining the maximum amount of detail and realism. While the detail of both were incredible, I felt like the kiwi seemed more realistic/natural.  I'm not clear how the dragonfly post processing worked, but the flat background made it appear almost as an illustration in a book rather than "in the world."  But then again.....AARGHHHH!!  What a challenge to decide!