Author Topic: Voting for the "Architecture" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 2508 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Please vote for your favorite image from the "Architecture" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  The guidelines for this assignment were simply to create an image of a building or structure, or an architectural feature that you find interesting.  

To vote for an image, please select the title in the "poll" attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 25 July 2010.  

Carriage House Gate

"Central Park"

Our Temporary Home

Little bridge

Einsiedeln Kloster

Esslingen von oben

The Mastermind

Music Room

Oracle Building in Palm Springs, CA

Oracle Building from the rear

Corporate Woods - Overland Park, KS

Viewers are encouraged to respond to this thread describing why you like a particular image, or think it was particularly successful at meeting the guidelines of the assignment.

Keith
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:20:10 PM by keithsnell »

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
Re: Voting for the "Architecture" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 11:45:18 PM »
Another tough week to decide which to vote on.  I loved traveling the world of architecture through your pictures, thank you to all.  I so love architecture and all the masterpieces man has made through the centuries.

Michele

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 10:43:10 AM »
Enjoy the cathedral photo I took.  A huge storm just took out a lot of it's windows yesterday with the hail.  Did a number on my house too, a little flooding.  Not as bad as some other people have it though.  It was a real hail and scary storm.  I put the kids in the basement for the duration.  It looked like winter when it was over.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:45:56 AM by Michele »

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 04:15:49 PM »
Michele,
I am thankful you are all ok.  Sorry about the damage to your house.  That must have been some very large hail.  I'll bet it looked like it snowed for a while.  Sad to think of the damage to the Cathedral too. 
take care,
Rebecca

Michele

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 12:55:05 AM »
This was a couple of hours after the storm.  I did not have time to take photos, but after wiping my floors down and other fun stuff, I thought about taking a picture of the ice.

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 09:29:22 AM »
Congratulations Michele and Dave, you both submitted wonderful images for the assignment.

The family and I start our journey back to Kansas this morning, so I will try to find access to a computer tonight so that I can post the results and feedback.

Thank you to everyone that submitted such fascinating images for the assignment and enabled us to experience another location through your images.

Keith

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 09:47:20 AM »
I think we need to do a tie-breaker.  We should be assigned some architectural feature somewhere equal distance between Switzerland and Kansas.  The shorter distance is probably just ocean so we'd have to go the other way - something in Russia or China?  What do you think Michele? 
Dave Leiker (PrairieDust)
Exploring the Rural Midwest

Michele

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 10:16:48 AM »
I'm thinking Bora Bora myself, but hey...  that's just me.  I'm sure there is some sort of architectural wonder in Bora Bora.... Anywhere is fine.  
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:19:23 AM by Michele »