Author Topic: "Nurturing," Weekly Photography Assignment for 31 May - 6 June 2010  (Read 3296 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
I am very proud of you all.  Not only for the amazing images you have been posting, but for the way that you have been inspiring, helping and encouraging each other.  In honor of all of you, the topic for this week's assignment is "nurturing."  Please upload your images to the "Nurturing" album in the Weekly Assignments category of the gallery no-later-than Midnight Mountain Time (GMT - 07:00) on Sunday, 6 June 2010.

I'll look forward to seeing more of your wonderful work.

Michele

Re: "Nurturing," Weekly Photography Assignment for 31 May - 6 June 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 02:46:29 AM »
I just realized that I never asked her if I could post it.  I think I will just keep it for me after all.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:59:41 AM by Michele »

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 06:33:43 AM »
Hi Michele,

It is a beautiful image, and wonderfully conveys the mother's love.

Keith

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 09:00:20 AM »
That is the essence of nurturing, delicately photographed.  I was going to put add an old photo of a duck family, but now it seems pretty lame....  oh well, all in the spirit of sharing.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:09:28 PM by prairiedust »
Dave Leiker (PrairieDust)
Exploring the Rural Midwest

Michele

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 09:24:01 AM »
So so cute.  Fluffy little things aren't they?  I like their funny little beaks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 09:26:23 AM by Michele »

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 06:10:57 PM »
I swapped the photo with one I like better (same subject)

Michele

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 01:48:04 AM »
I like that one better too.  It's Heidi!  How's this for useless information.   The story of Heidi was written in a tiny village ten minutes from my house called Hirzel.

marilyn

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 10:00:47 PM »
Well, I guess I missed the first one but I LOVE this one.  It does seem to be the very essence of nurturing and softness, fluffiness, cuteness but not too cute.  Great colors and feeling.

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 12:56:43 PM »
We spent the last week on a family vacation in Branson, Missouri, and with all the distractions of roller coaster rides (or "roaster coasters" as McKenzie called them) tours, and spending time with the family, I didn't find the time to photograph any images for the assignment.  Still, when we had a quiet moment in the car, I thought about the assignment, and what I might photograph.  Most of my ideas were either of mothers nurturing young children, or perhaps a gardener nurturing young plants in their garden.  On the way back home through the back roads of Southwestern Missouri and Eastern Kansas we drove through miles and miles of open prairies and ranch land, all amazingly lush and green from the spring rains.  I began to wonder if perhaps I had it wrong, and it was us that were being nurtured by the earth, if we would just take the time to get away from the noise and distraction of modern life and let ourselves wonder at the beauty of nature.  It was a long way to drive, and we needed to get the kids home to bed, so I didn't stop and photograph.  Still, those images of lush green open spaces stayed with me.  I've posted an image from last week's visit to the ranch so that you can get a sense of what I'm talking about.

Open Spaces...Open your minds
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 12:59:47 PM by keithsnell »

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 01:26:23 PM »
It sure works for me as a nurturing photograph. The openess, the quiet solitude is something my spirit always finds healing and nurturing.  For me, this is as calming as the touch of a mother's hand on a child's forehead.   I am empty-handed so far, but enjoying the feeling in images the rest of you are sharing.

Michele

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 02:21:01 PM »
I agree completely!  Of course this photo is nurturing.  It nutures the spirit inside ourselves.  Sometimes when every day life saps us dry, this is the type of place that lets us fill-up again for the next round.  I also love the dog just waiting with its tail at point.