Author Topic: Voting for the "Triptych" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 2046 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Voting for the "Triptych" Weekly Photography Assignment
« on: May 31, 2010, 08:18:33 AM »
Please vote for your favorite image from the "Triptych" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  The guidelines for this assignment were to compose a set of images to be displayed in three parts or three related views. Your challenge was to compose a triptych made up of three images that could stand on their own, but which would reinforce each other when displayed as a group.

To vote for a triptych, please select the title in the "poll" attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 6 June 2010.  

Morning Cattle Drive

Ghost meeting

Childhood Games

Morning Cattle Drive 2

Windows triptych

Family Shoes

"View from a Bench"

The Ways of Light

Reflections of architecture

Architectural mysteries meet mysteries of the brain

Dark forces TrIpTyCh

Beef Cattle

Ice Cream - Good to the Laaaast Drop!

Thunderbirds Triptych

Pastoral

Thank you to everyone that participated in this assignment.  You all inspired me with your creativity and artistry!

Viewers are encouraged to respond to this thread describing why you like a particular triptych, or think it was particularly successful at meeting the guidelines of the assignment.

Keith
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:52:43 PM by keithsnell »

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Voting for the "Triptych" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 05:08:56 PM »
Yikes it is hard to choose this week.  There are many strong submissions, and two that I think are outstanding!

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
Re: Voting for the "Triptych" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »
Just back from our week family vacation and back on the site!  Wow, these triptychs are just incredible.  Erik, great to see you back and your scene brings back great memories of a Colorado afternoon storm rolling in - good shots.  Lars, I LOVE your creativity of the natural triptych of your window -- very well done.  Marilyn, your natural triptych using the building windows across the street from that incredible Brain Center building is just spectacular, too.   Good eye, seeing that one.  Michele - awesome creativity on all of your shots--especially rock, paper scissors--what fun!  Love all your shoes too.  Dave, your work is stunning as always --- of course, I love the cattle drives, but the ways of lights is so striking.   And, Keith, great job capturing Mac's love of ice cream :-)  Just makes me smile.   For now, if I HAVE to choose just one, I'm leaning toward Marilyn's "Architectural mysteries meet mysteries of the brain" - very powerful images with a very powerful message underlying.  Just a huge, GREAT JOB to all of you.  Really neat shots and as usual, great creativity.    And, I have another day to examine them all again.