Author Topic: Voting for the "Rhythm" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 2978 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Voting for the "Rhythm" Weekly Photography Assignment
« on: May 10, 2010, 02:51:12 PM »
Please vote for your favorite image from the "Rhythm" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  The guidelines for this assignment were to simply create an image using rhythm, or a cadenced pattern with a defined progression through the scene, to guide your viewer through the image.  

To vote for an image, please select the image title in the "poll" attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 16 May 2010.  

Cat walk

Duck making it's own way

Rothenthurm Bridge

Happy toes

Looking to Land

Stone road

Here and there half and half

Get set ready goooe

Deep Down Rhythm

The Tortoise

Snaking hose

Under the Overpass

Flowering sunset

and the Hare

Airforce Academy Chapel Pews

Thank you to everyone that participated in this assignment.  Viewers are encouraged to respond to this thread describing why you like a particular image, or think it was particularly successful at meeting the guidelines of the assignment.

Keith
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:09:17 PM by keithsnell »

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
Re: Voting for the "Rhythm" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 04:51:23 PM »
Loads of gorgeous images here to enjoy, but Happy Toes is in its own adorable universe, and full of wonderful feeling.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:53:20 PM by prairiedust »
Dave Leiker (PrairieDust)
Exploring the Rural Midwest

Lars

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 01:15:11 PM »
This assignment was an hard one  :-\
Loads of fine picture but I cant see any contributions that realy meeting the guidelines for "Rhythm"
and that include my own pictures.

Lars

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
This assignment was an hard one  :-\
Loads of fine picture but I cant see any contributions that realy meeting the guidelines for "Rhythm"
and that include my own pictures.

Lars

Yes, it was a hard assignment.  I wasn't successful at creating a "rhythm" image that I was happy with during the week of the assignment.  Still, I think the concept is a valid one, and can enhance an image if a photographer is able to successfully incorporate rhythm into their images.  I'll be keeping my eye open for rhythmic scenes in the future, and will keep trying to compose an image I like that uses rhythm effectively.

Michele

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 02:10:12 PM »
I agree with my photos as well.  I think that is the reason I kept trying was that I was not quite satisfied.  I am still trying even though the assignment is over.  I think I got one today that has some rhythm to it.  I will post it later in my gallery.

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 02:02:35 PM »
Don't forget to vote!

Keith

marilyn

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 09:56:08 PM »
All these comments seem on target.  Maybe we should do a Rhythm II sometime in the future....  I know that I will keep thinking about this concept -- just like happens with a lot of the other assignments.  They all make us more aware of possibilities.  Then it's finding the right moment, subject, etc. and getting all the technical stuff right.  I love this community!!  THanks everyone!