Author Topic: Voting for "The Moment" Weekly Photography Assignment  (Read 3112 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Voting for "The Moment" Weekly Photography Assignment
« on: March 22, 2010, 08:03:10 PM »
Please vote for your favorite image from "The Moment" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  The guidelines for this assignment were to attempt to capture a significant "moment" by anticipating the shot and being ready to capture it when it happened

To vote for an image, simply select the image title in the "poll" attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 28 March 2010.  

Moment No. 1 Good grade - not so good grade

Magical Thumb

Pollen Gathering

David & Beefy

Stuck

Freeze!!

Chickadee in flight

Safe!

The Punch Line

The confused, the sleepy and the skeptic

Bodie thinks she is human!

A spot of tea

Thank you to everyone that participated in this assignment.  Viewers are encouraged to respond to this thread describing why you like a particular image, or think it was particularly successful at meeting the guidelines of the assignment.

Keith
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:20:43 PM by keithsnell »

Dave

Re: Voting for "The Moment" Weekly Photography Assignment
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 09:12:18 PM »
I voted for 'pollen gathering' simply because it seems that there must have been a great deal of commitment to the assignment, and also much patience to get the shot. Great job whoever the photographer was :)

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 10:23:05 PM »
I'm beginning to think we need to get the capability to vote on two or three favorites.  This is another tough week.  I have four favorites.  All are fun shots.  Thanks to everyone who participated.

Michele

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 12:54:24 AM »
How can we choose something this week?  There are a lot of good shots here.  Ok. Done. But I don't feel good about it...  Hmmmm.

Michèle

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:20:22 PM »
It is satisfying to see so many great images here, and there's so much charm in your photos of children, dogs, and other critters.
Dave Leiker (PrairieDust)
Exploring the Rural Midwest

Michele

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 12:25:58 AM »
... says the man who took a beautiful flower with a frozen bee so detailed, it could be used by student entomologists...

marilyn

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 07:24:36 PM »
This was a really hard vote!!  What would happen if we voted for 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices?  Is there a program that would easily calculate?  Amazing pictures everyone!!

Michele

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 04:31:04 AM »
I agree that it was really hard to pick a favourite but that "bee" deserved it, congratulations, Dave.  It was an amazing picture.

I think it's cool that we can choose which is our favorite photo.  It is hard sometimes to make that choice when many move us but I  think it forces us to really see critically what part of the photo is important to us and retain what that was in our own photos.

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 08:31:51 AM »
I agree that Dave Leiker's wonderful Pollen Gathering image deserved to win the vote for People's Choice.  And I agree with Dave Brooks that the image shows a great deal of commitment to getting the shot.  I think we all learned something from that image and I appreciate that Dave (prairiedust) took the time to explain how he captured the shot.  Dave captured the essence of the assignment when he described his process as "Just find a spot, think out the composition and wait for it."  

Thank you to everyone that participated in the assignment.  There were many wonderful submissions, and I learned something from each one.  I think Michele hit the nail on the head when she noted that the voting "forces us to really see critically what part of the photo is important to us and retain what that was in our own photos."  One of the primary reasons for the voting thread is to encourage you to spend a moment to critically evaluate a set of images based on the concepts that are being emphasized in the assignment.  That process of critical evaluation is essential to the learning process.  I hope the voting also provides positive feedback and encouragement to the participants in the assignment.

Keith