Author Topic: Printing Forum Pages so that Images Show  (Read 2111 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Printing Forum Pages so that Images Show
« on: March 16, 2010, 08:18:27 PM »
Some folks have asked how to print forum pages so that the images will also print.  (Unfortunately, the forum Print function will print the text, but not the images embedded in a post.)  The easiest way I have found to print the page and include the images is to right click on the page and use the print function in your browser.  Both Internet Explorer and Safari appear to properly print both the text an images when you use this method to print pages.  Unfortunately this method also print lots of extra junk at the top and bottom of the page, so it isn't the most efficient use of paper. 

A more efficient use of paper would be to highlight and copy the portions you want to print, and then paste into Word.  You can then print the pages from Word without the extra webpage stuff on the top and bottom of the page.

I hope this helps those that have been struggling with how to print the text and images on a page.

Keith
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 08:23:23 PM by keithsnell »

Michele

Re: Printing Forum Pages so that Images Show
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 02:37:29 AM »
You know, I do use my browser to print your pages, however, then it cuts out about a cm off the right and I lose the last few words.  I conquered this by print preview, and changing the view to 80% before printing, that solved everything.  Just for the info.

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Printing Forum Pages so that Images Show
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:12:34 AM »
You know, I do use my browser to print your pages, however, then it cuts out about a cm off the right and I lose the last few words.  I conquered this by print preview, and changing the view to 80% before printing, that solved everything.  Just for the info.

Hi Michele,

Thanks for the tip.  Sue has been asking about a good way to print the pages, so maybe that will help her.

Keith