Author Topic: Results and Feedback for the "Connections" Assignment  (Read 1402 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Results and Feedback for the "Connections" Assignment
« on: February 15, 2010, 04:49:34 PM »
Thank you to everyone that participated in the "Connections" assignment.  The guidelines for this assignment were to strive to compose an image that illustrates a "connection" between elements within a scene.  

I enjoyed all of the images that were submitted for this assignment.  I thought Lars' image of the Wooden Bear Underwater was a captivating image because it replicated the style of Eliot Porter, and showcased the photographer's ability to "see" things that would be overlooked by the ordinary viewer.  Eliot Porter was an extremely interesting photographer, and if you haven't studied him in the past, it is well worth your time to learn about his images and his life.  Lars' image was interesting in that it made the viewer question what the relationships were between the submerged log and the water.

Wooden bear underwater
Photographed by Lars

Rebecca's Nature, man made, and a little boy image tied for People's Choice, and I thought it was a wonderful image that captured the curiosity of a little boy about the world around him, and awarded this image Editor's Choice for Artistic Merit.  The "implied leading lines" from Evan's gaze down to the fish contributed towards dynamic feeling of this image.

Nature, man made, and a little boy
Tied for People's Choice and selected Editor's Choice for Artistic Merit
Photographed by Rebecca

Sue's Wine and Grapes image was a very well executed image, with a strong composition, and great exposure, color and contrast.  This image tied for People's Choice and I've awarded this image Editor's Choice for Technical Merit.

Wine & Grapes
People's Choice and Editor's Choice for Technical Merit
Photographed by Sue Pepin

Thank you to everyone that participated in this assignment.  

Viewers are encouraged to respond to this thread describing why you like a particular image, or think it was particularly successful at meeting the guidelines of the assignment.

Keith
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:08:41 PM by keithsnell »

sue.pepin

Re: Results and Feedback for the "Connections" Assignment
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 08:34:09 PM »
Keith, I am so honored by your words!  This was the first time I was awarded technical merit!  You made my day.