Author Topic: How do I post images in my personal gallery? (OLD Gallery)  (Read 1261 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
How do I post images in my personal gallery? (OLD Gallery)
« on: February 01, 2008, 03:48:09 PM »
NOTE:  These instructions applied to the "old" gallery, and will be removed after that gallery is taken off line. 

If this is the first time you have used your personal gallery, you can access it from the "MyGallery" link at the top of the Gallery page.Your personal gallery name will be your username.  You will need to add a Gallery "category" (album name) before you can post pictures.  Select "Add Category" in the Gallery Admin Panel and complete the Title and Description fields, then click the "Add Category" button.  (Gallery Icons are optional.)  You can also control access to your personal gallery by using the "Settings" link in the Gallery Admin Panel.  (If you select a password for your gallery, no other members or guests will be able to view the gallery without the password.  Only fill in the password field if you want to keep your gallery private.  Note that "site admin" can see all your images, so please don't post inappropriate content.)  Once you have set up your personal gallery you can access it directly through the Member Galleries link on the Gallery page.

Member Galleries have the same file size limits as Forum Galleries, i.e., the image cannot be larger than 1000 pixels on its longest dimension and the file size must be under 300KB. 

ADDED NOTE:  I've turned on the gallery option to "resize image if larger than designated size."  Therefore, if you don't know how to resize your image, or you just don't want to take the time, you can still post in a gallery.  Please be aware that the automatic resizing may take several minutes (you will see a progress bar on the bottom of the window).  You should also be aware that trying to post an image over 7.5MB in size will cause the upload to fail.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 01:03:52 PM by keithsnell »