Author Topic: Voting for the "Folk Art" Assignment  (Read 1636 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Voting for the "Folk Art" Assignment
« on: November 02, 2009, 08:45:37 AM »
Please vote for your favorite image from the "Folk Art" assignment for the "People's Choice" award.  The guidelines for this assignment were to submit images of folk art, defined as "art made by people who have had little or no formal schooling in art...with traditional techniques and content, in styles handed down through many generations, and often of a particular region."  Most definitions of folk art specify that the art is produced by "common folk" with little or no academic art training, using styles and materials from where they live.

To vote for an image, simply select the image title in the "poll" attached at the top of this thread, and click "submit vote."  NOTE:  You need to be logged in to see the voting options.  Voting will end at midnight, Mountain Time (GMT-07:00) on Sunday, 8 November 2009.  

Chain Saw Bear

Milk Bottle Skeleton

Holoween Skeleton

Creppy Guy

Where should we go next?

Perpetual Inspiration

Hubble's Rubble

Woodcarver

Day of the Dead Ofrenda (Alter)

Jackie Kennedy

Thank you to everyone that participated in the "Folk Art" assignment.  I enjoyed viewing the wonderful variety of works by "common folk," which helped broaden my perspective of "art."

Viewers are encouraged to respond to this thread describing why you like a particular image, or think it was particularly successful at meeting the guidelines of the assignment.

Keith
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 12:46:24 PM by keithsnell »

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Voting for the "Folk Art" Assignment
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 02:08:08 PM »
Don't forget to vote!

P.S.

Do you like the option of viewing the voting results throughout the week, or did you like it better when the results were "hidden" until the end of voting?

Keith

Becky Jenner

Re: Voting for the "Folk Art" Assignment
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 12:51:52 PM »
Sometimes it's just so hard to choose! I picked Holoween Skeleton because of the dramatic lighting that turned this "character" into seemingly "real life".
 I'm either or as far as viewing the vote results. To me we are all "winners" because we have a great time with the assignments & lessons learned and have made so many new friends on here :)
Becky