Author Topic: Flash Diffuser?  (Read 8032 times)

Michele

Re: Flash Diffuser?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 02:08:55 AM »
I tried that already.  The speedlight does not trigger off the other flash.  I will show you the test shots from the church later.  I am going over today.  Other than that, we did go to the zoo.  It wasn't too bad.  Many of the animals are kept indoors throughout the winter so I found it very difficult to take photos of large animals that looked somewhat caged.  Elephants in particular or gorillas.  There was one large male on this back, just lazing around that bothered me in particular.  He was very close to the glass and I could not take his photo.  I could barely look at him.  Instead I just took his hand.  I took the younger one's face but it felt wrong somehow.  I took none of the elephants, I just moved on.  I was very happy that the two female lions had an enormous amount of space outside as well as the rhino and tiger.  The tiger and female lions were quite hidden and in ackward places.  Many of the shots were through glass.  All were focussed manually.  I thought I would try it out.  We took the train and trams in so that we would be all together.  We had ten kids between us three moms.  It was tough to take any photos at all, but I managed some.  You know where to go to see them, if you want to see them.  I was a little down and I am probably not going to go again but it was not as bad as I thought.  We were really kept busy with the young kids and the boys kept running off quite a bit.  Oh well.  Bis später, until later...

keithsnell

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 08:14:38 AM »
I tried that already.  The speedlight does not trigger off the other flash.  I will show you the test shots from the church later.  I am going over today. 

OK.  I remembered that you said you had bought a second strobe, and I mistakenly thought it might have been a second speedlight.  If you want to try to figure out how to fire multiple flashes and/or strobes at the same time, just let me know and maybe we can put our heads together and make something work.  (I'll need to know the brand and model of your other flashes and strobes, as well as the type of IR remote you use to fire the strobes so that I might be able to help.  I assume your IR trigger unit fires from the flash hot shoe on the camera?  Can you mount another flash on the top of the IR remote?  Lots of questions, but only if using multiple flash/strobes is something that you think you might want to pursue.)

Keith

Michele

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 03:07:17 PM »
I would LOVE to know how you can fire a strobe and a flash...  My trigger has nothing but the infrared on it.  It is just like a flash, without the flash.  I have looked and looked online but no one seems to have an answer.  I also learned online that my flash can only be used as a slave to the 580 EX speedlite.  The 430 EX II is a good flash, but maybe I should have gone with the master.

Michèle