Author Topic: How do I post images in a forum gallery? (OLD Gallery)  (Read 1258 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
How do I post images in a forum gallery? (OLD Gallery)
« on: February 01, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »
NOTE:  These instructions apply to the "old" gallery software,and will be removed when the old gallery is taken offline.  Please post new pictures in the "new" gallery.  (The Gallery link in the menu bar has been updated to take you to the "new" gallery.)

Old instructions:
Posting in a Forum Gallery is straightforward.  Just navigate to the gallery and select "Add a picture."  Click the "Browse" button and select the picture you wish to add from your computer's files.  Each image is limited to a 1000 pixel dimension on its longest side, and a file size of 300KB.  Images should be in JPG format.  Complete the "Title" and "Description" fields and then click the "Add Picture" button at the bottom of the window. 

ADDED NOTE:  I've turned on the gallery option to "resize image if larger than designated size."  Therefore, if you don't know how to resize your image, or you just don't want to take the time, you can still post in a gallery.  Please be aware that the automatic resizing may take several minutes (you will see a progress bar on the bottom of the window).  You should also be aware that trying to post an image over 7.5MB in size will cause the upload to fail.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 01:07:34 PM by keithsnell »