Author Topic: "Abstract," Weekly Photography Assignment for 30 March - 5 April 2009  (Read 1654 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
The assignment for the week of  30 March - 5 April 2009 is "Abstract."  Abstract art is often one of those "I can't define it but I'll know it when I see it" categories of art.  The simplest way to define abstract art or photography is that it is "nonrepresentational," concentrating on creating a pleasing composition of form and color, without representing a particular object.  The links to this gallery and this gallery on Photo.net provides several good examples of abstract photography.

Much like the "still life" assignment last week, this week's assignment is designed to help you exercise and strengthen your ability to visualize and compose a pleasing image using form and color.  It removes the emphasis from displaying a pleasing rendition of an object, and instead, places the emphasis totally on form and color.  Strengthening this aspect of your composition skills will carry over into your other types of photography.

Please upload your images to the "Abstract" album in the Weekly Assignment category in the Gallery no later than midnight Mountain Time (GMT - 07:00) on Sunday, 5 April 2009.

This should be a fun assignment and I will look forward to seeing your creative "abstract" images.

Keith

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 03:33:49 PM by keithsnell »