Author Topic: How do I upload images to the "new" gallery?  (Read 1793 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
How do I upload images to the "new" gallery?
« on: March 07, 2008, 01:01:35 PM »
UPDATED FOR THE "NEW" GALLERY SOFTWARE  

Posting in a Community Gallery is fairly easy (although not quite as easy as with the "old" gallery software).  

1)  Click on "upload file" in the top left menu of the Gallery window.  (You need to be logged in to see this option.)  

2)  Before you can click the "browse" button to select your files, you need to use the drop down "albums" menu to select what album you will be uploading the files into.  Then click the "Browse" button and select the picture you wish to add from your computer's files.  Images should be in JPG format and are limited to a 1024 pixel dimension on their longest side.   (I recommend using a size of 800 pixels or smaller, since this size image will display better on most monitiors.)  I've turned on the gallery option to "resize image if larger than designated size."  Therefore, if you don't know how to resize your image, or you just don't want to take the time, you can still post in a gallery.  Please be aware that the automatic resizing may take several minutes (you will see a progress bar on the bottom of the window).  You should also be aware that trying to post an image over 6MB in size will cause the upload to fail.  (If you have Photoshop, I've provided a very useful script in the download section of this site that can help you prepare your images for posting in the galleries.)

3)  Once you have selected the pictures you want to upload, click the "continue" button at the bottom of the screen.  

4)  Complete the "Title" and "Description" fields and then click the "Continue" button at the bottom of the window.  Note that the Title, Description, and Keywords entries will already be filled in if you have previously entered this information in the IPTC data for your image.  You can add to the IPTC information or modify it by entering the appropriate text in these blocks.  

5)  After clicking on "Continue in the step above, you should receive a message that states, "You have successfully placed all the files."  Click "continue" once more and you are done!  You can now view the images in your member gallery.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:43:54 PM by keithsnell »