Author Topic: How do I embed pictures into a forum post, or link to pictures in the gallery?  (Read 1853 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
In addition to "attaching" images to a forum post, you can also embed images in the post.  This allows you to add more than 2 images to a post in order to "tell a story."  This is ideal for posting in the "Outings" or "Travelogue" sections.  In actuality, what you are really doing is "linking" to an image in the gallery; however when the post displays, it will display the image in the location of the link.  Something like this: 

How did I do this?  At the bottom of each picture in the gallery is a "file information" section.  This section should display by default; however you can toggle it on and off by clicking on the "i" button in the top left corner of the image display.  (While we're looking, the button just to the right of the "i" will start a slideshow.  Pretty cool huh?) 

At the bottom of the information section is an entry that says "Copy & Paste link to display in forum"  Followed by a link (in the white box) that looks something like this [img http://spiritofphotography.com/coppermine/albums/FTP/2007-07-02_181900.jpg[/img]  All you need to do is click on this link at the bottom of the image you want to embed (it will highlight in blue) copy the link to your clipboard (using Control C in windows) and then paste the link (Control V) at the appropriate place in your forum post.  Voila, you can post a forum discussion that includes pictures! 

(I hope you like this capability.  It took me about two days to modify the code to display the proper link at the bottom of the image.)

If you simply want to "link" to an image (i.e., send the viewer to the gallery to see the image) then you can copy and paste the "URL" link, which looks like this:  http://spiritofphotography.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?pos=-61  (This link is also displayed in the file information section, just above the other link discussed above.)  This is the link you will need to use if you want to link to your pictures from outside the Spirit of Photography domain (i.e., on another photography forum, email, blog, etc.)

If you have any questions on how to embed or link to images in your posts, please let me know.

Keith

« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 06:34:53 PM by keithsnell »