Author Topic: number two :-) Rebecca Snell  (Read 2036 times)

RebeccaSnell

• Administrator
number two :-) Rebecca Snell
« on: March 05, 2008, 12:52:02 PM »
Hi, I'm Rebecca Snell, the lucky wife of the guy who put this whole photography/friends/family community together.  I'm very new to forums and posting on the web, so I'm a good guinea pig for Keith.   I magically post pictures every once in a while when Keith needs to try something from a regular user login rather than his login as administrator.  I'm also the very lucky mother of the adorable little boy, Evan, you see in many of the pictures in the gallery (yes I'm biased).  And, the very lucky sister of Bob, the Veterinarian, who is currently deployed in Afghanistan for a year - thus, the 'to Afghanistan with love' forum and galleries. 

I've always liked photography, but that turned into a love for photography when I met Keith and he introduced me to the magical world you find and create looking 'through the lens'.   One of my favorite sayings from Keith is that you don't photograph a scene; you capture the light emitting from the scene.  Totally changed how I see the world I'm trying to capture in print.   I'm also a Photoshop cloning addict.  Love to touch up photos and take ugly man made objects like telephone poles and wires, trash, etc. out of otherwise beautiful pristine nature shots.  Who says you can't get the scene you wanted to be there but was not because man had intervened!?  I also like 'magically' making someone smile in group photos we do at weddings.   Have you noticed?  There is always one in the group that doesn't consistently smile.   As long as you get one shot of them smiling - you've got it made!

I'm looking forward to meeting other photographers and seeing the world through the website and learning from all of you.  Come August, I'll travel through this website as we are expecting our second child, a girl!! and I'll be homebound for a little while.  However, we have our trip to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons planned for the end of September - have to show our new little one the wonders of the world just like we did Evan when he was one month old!

Looking forward to meeting other new members!
Rebecca

rod1

Re: number two :-) Rebecca Snell
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 09:27:22 PM »
Hello Rebecca,
                       Its lovely to hear from you and, I appreciated your response to my forum post about the walk through the Tunnel. I am, at 60 years of age, rather slow with our technological age and seem to battle forever getting things right. So, working through that post took the best part of the weekend. Now, however, its done and almost correct (I haven't got the heart to play around with those photos any more), the spelling nearly right, and I feel I have accomplished something. At least it will be easier in the future. I was interested to read that you and Keith have a young child, Evan, and are expecting another in August. I guess that will be in your Autumn (fall) or, very nearly. I do wish you all the best.  August is the last month of our winter and we too get snow, although not nearly as much as I have seen in photos from your area. In recent years, our snow has fallen off considerably. I still live in a house which has a Slow Combustion Kitchen stove (as well as central heating) and delight in the extremes of weather. In fact, my wood man says I am the last delivery of 'Truckloads of wood' he has in the mountains. Fires are part of a bygone era! I have two sons, as I mentioned somewhere else. The eldest turns 40 in August and grew up here with me many years ago.  He now lives on the Daintree river near Mossman North Queensland , some 3,000 kms north from here. Do look at his 'blog' which, although he doesn't update regularly, has some amazing photos on.   http://fnqbunyip.blogspot.com/  Tropical rainforest is vastly differant from Katoomba! My other son is 12 years of age and has only recently commenced High School. So, I have only recently, brought yet another child up through the rigours of early life. For all sorts of reasons, I have been the one to assume the responsibilites of parenting Dylan, almost totally, so have watched him develop into this beautiful young man on the verge of his teenage years. Oh, it's hard at times, but life certainly has its rewards. Well, I have probably chatted enouth to bore you silly so will close and wish you. Keith and Evan, all the best. Rod.

rod1

Re: number two :-) Rebecca Snell
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:42:04 AM »
Hello Again Rebecca,
                                I dont know wether I can post these two files. Have tried unsuccessfully but cannot see a reason why not. Whilst not exactly photographic stuff, I thought you may be interested in these two pages from an Australia wide cooking Magazine a few years ago. Of course I scanned them. Not every day one ends up in a cooking mag! Interestingly I was the only person they could find who still used a fuel stove. Interesting also that they didn't show anything of the huge Ilve Gas Cooktop with 'fan forced' oven, on the other side of the room! Best Wishes, Rod.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 01:46:38 AM by rod1 »

keithsnell

• Administrator
Great Article
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 03:20:40 PM »
Rod,

Very interesting article.  Thanks for posting.  Its always fun to learn more about the people we meet.  It always amazes me how many different "layers" there are to people, and how interesting they really are if you take the time to get to know them.  It sounds like you have led a facinating life, and have many stories to tell. 

Its good having your company on the forum.

Keith