Author Topic: Results and Feedback for the Expressions Assignment.  (Read 1438 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Results and Feedback for the Expressions Assignment.
« on: November 16, 2008, 02:40:45 PM »
Thank you to everyone that participated in the "Expressions" assignment.  This was a fun assignment, and I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.  The goal was to increase your experience and improve your capability to capture those "winning" expressions in your candid portrait photography. 

I thought a couple of the images could have benefited from different cropping, and have posted the cropped images below so that you can consider the difference. 

Surprised!!!

Surprised (cropped, increased contrast and sharpened)

Hide N Seek

Hide N Seek (cropped)

What Is This Stuff

What is This Stuff (cropped with slight increase in contrast)

Congratulations to Evan and Rebecca.  Evan's Mad Face image and Rebecca's SHOCKED image tied for the People's Choice award.  Evan (our three year old son) really did take that image all by himself.  While Rebecca and I were busy doing other things, he took one of my old tripods out of the closet and set it up, then asked for help putting the camera on the tripod.  He then proceeded to cart the whole thing down two flights of stairs to take pictures of Rebecca's "mad face."  When Rebecca kept laughing and couldn't produce a "mad face,"  Evan said "ok, I'll make a mad face," walked around in front of the camera and took his self-portrait, and then asked for help posting it on the "internet."  It's amazing how much he has learned just from watching mom and dad!

Evan's "Mad" Face

SHOCKED!

My personal favorite was That's Amazing, which was taken while Evan was helping us get set up to take portraits for a local Preschool.  In addition to the great expression, I liked the lighting, color and sharpness of the image.

That's Amazing!

Thank you to everyone that participated in the "Expressions" assignment.  I hope more of our members can join us for this week's assignment.

Keith
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 11:48:45 AM by keithsnell »