Author Topic: "Discord," Weekly Assignment, 20 - 26 October 2008  (Read 1406 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
"Discord," Weekly Assignment, 20 - 26 October 2008
« on: October 21, 2008, 08:01:44 PM »
I apologize for posting the weekly assignment late.  We're in the middle of refurbishing our house in Wichita and have contractors showing up at all hours of the day to work on various projects throughout the house.  In addition we are trying to do much of the work ourselves, and watch two young children in the process.  Needless to say, my "quiet time" to work on the website has been quite scarce.   :)

Given that "serenity" appears to be in such short supply, the weekly assignment for the week of 20 - 26 October is "Discord."  The assignment is to compose an image that illustrates "discord."  Discord is defined as "disagreement or strife, or incompatibility or conflict between things or situations, or inharmonious combination of sounds [colors, or compositional elements]." 

In retrospect, I should have scheduled the "discord" assignment before the "serenity" assignment.  Understanding the compositional techniques used to convey "discord" (i.e., out of balance, unsymmetrical images, clashing color combinations, incongruous compositional elements, etc.) would also help the photographer to compose "serene" images by paying attention to these aspects of their image and composing accordingly. 

Please post your images in the "Discord" album in the Weekly Assignments category of the Gallery no later than midnight, Mountain Time (GMT - 07:00) on Sunday, 26 October 2008.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:29:47 PM by keithsnell »