Author Topic: Conservation Photographers.com  (Read 1898 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
Conservation Photographers.com
« on: August 03, 2008, 09:55:13 AM »
Many of you know that Rebecca and I have been busy welcoming a new member into our family.  McKenzie was born on the 25th of July and is an absolute delight.  (Of course things will be more "delightful" when she starts sleeping through the night.  :) )

While all of this has been going on, I've also been working at bringing another member into the family.  Some of you know that I am on the College Scholarship Committee for NANPA (North American Nature Photography Association).  During several of our NANPA meetings, I've had discussions with other NANPA members about the need to get Nature Photographers more involved in conservation efforts.  In response to this need, I built the Conservation Photographers website (in all my spare time  :)).  You can view the initial Beta version of the site at this link:  www.ConservationPhotographers.com

If you have the time, please play around on the site, and let me know if you were successful at "breaking" anything.   :)  (That's what "Beta" testing is for.)  If you have any suggestions for improving that site (or this one) PLEASE let me know.

Keith

Geoff_R

Re: Conservation Photographers.com
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 03:30:53 PM »
Keith a great idea and it looks good....could'nt break anything while I was there....but I'll revisit to give it more thorough bashing.
best
----------
Geoff_R

"Always look on the bright side of life...."

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Conservation Photographers.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 04:40:22 PM »
Geoff,

Thank you.  There were several things that came together as the catalyst for the site, and one of those was your "A Sporting Chance" website.  I liked the idea of a "partnership" between photographers and nonprofits, and used that idea as the foundation for the ConservationPhotographers.com site.

Thank you for the inspiration.

Keith