Author Topic: "Finding Inspiration," Weekly Photography Assignment for 28 June - 4 July 2010  (Read 1799 times)

keithsnell

• Administrator
The assignment for the week of 28 June - 4 July 2010 is "Finding Inspiration."  Please post a picture once you've found it.  :)

Actually, as Rebecca and I were eating lunch today she asked me "so what's the topic for this week's assignment" and I replied "I don't know, I'm still looking for inspiration."  That had double meaning, since I was indeed hoping for inspiration on a topic, but more deeply, I've been feeling uninspired with my photography and have been searching for something to bring back that creative inspiration.  I thought it was even more ironic when I opened up my draft working area on the website and found a simple link to an article titled "Looking for Inspiration."

So here's a link to an article by Alain Briot, one of my favorite "creative" photographers: Looking for Inspiration.  It's a little long, but definitely worth reading.  If you can tell me "why" when you finish reading the article, then I think you have understood the point.

Please upload your images to the "Finding Inspiration" album in the Weekly Assignments category of the Gallery no-later-than Midnight, Mountain Time (GMT -07:00) on Sunday, 4 July 2010.

I'll look forward to sharing your inspiration.

Keith

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 06:15:58 PM by keithsnell »

prairiedust

• PrairieDust
Inspiration's a wonderful thing when it comes around. Knowing what we really care about, what moves us, is as important to being successful as is technical prowess. Maybe it's landscape, or the people we love - we have to know what feeds our hearts and satisfies our artist eyes. Those days when inspiration is in short supply it's good to remember that exploration, observation, and discovery is at the heart of the process.  So we put ourselves in places we've never been, look at the commonplace from strange new angles, put our heads against the earth, or climb to higher views. Sooner or later - and it rarely takes long - discovery feeds inspiration and we're back in the game. That's why this web site stays strong, why I see so many beautiful images from you and the others, and why we always look forward to the next assignment.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:17:40 PM by prairiedust »
Dave Leiker (PrairieDust)
Exploring the Rural Midwest

keithsnell

• Administrator
Very well said.

Thank you,

Keith

keithsnell

• Administrator
So here's a link to an article by Alain Briot, one of my favorite "creative" photographers: Looking for Inspiration.  

The most powerful four words in the article?  "Inspiration is a lifestyle."  I never thought of it that way, but it makes sense.  Now my challenge it to put that idea into practice.

Keith