Author Topic: Hi from Sweden  (Read 1455 times)

Lars

Hi from Sweden
« on: May 21, 2008, 07:14:02 AM »
Hi there
A little introduction
I am a 62-year-old man from Sweden who has photographed almost all my life, mostly with analogue cameras
I own a collection of more than 100 cameras from 1900 -- onwards.
For digital, at the moment, I use a Kodak SLR / pro and a Nikon D40.
Uses Mamiya 645 for larger negative
For editing  digitalt/analogt I use PS CS2.
Microtek ScanMaker i900 for film
I love to photograph nature, people
and macro.

Lars

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Hi from Sweden
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 07:45:54 AM »
HI Lars,

Welcome to the community, and thank you for introducing yourself. 

I would love to see your camera collection someday.  I have owned many cameras throughout my life, but have usually sold the older ones in order to finance the purchase of newer cameras.  I miss the old classic manual cameras the most.  I sold my Linhof Master Technika 4x5 (9x12) Large Format camera about one year ago, and that is the camera I miss most of all!  I also used the Kodak SLR/n until about one year ago, and then sold it to purchase the Nikon D3.  I'm still learning to use the D3 to the best of its capabilities, but really enjoy the camera so far.  The D3 is the closest I have come to replicating a "film" experience with any of my digital cameras. 

My wife and I enjoy many types of photography as well, and try to take advantage of our travels to photograph images to submit to our stock agent.  We are currently on a vacation to Wisconsin to visit my family, and have taken advantage of the long drive from Colorado to visit many photographic sites along the way, including the Black Hills of South Dakota, and the "Badlands," two fascinating places that I have never visited before.  And of course we stopped at the car museum in Murdo so my young 2 1/2 year old son Evan could enjoy the "old fashioned" cars and trucks.  I think that is the most excited I have ever seen him as he ran from truck to truck yelling "Daddy, come look at this truck!"

Thank you again for introducing yourself.  We would love to see some of your images when you get a chance to share them with us.

Keith