Author Topic: Introducing Myself!  (Read 1384 times)

Doug Bennett

Introducing Myself!
« on: April 27, 2008, 06:05:38 PM »
I'm a little tardy in getting my intro written as I've been travelling in my work a lot lately (but still did some shooting along the way) and been busy with other stuff. 

I live here in Colorado Springs and enjoying shooting landscapes, flowers, cars....pretty much anything except portraits....and the exception to that is my 3 yr old grandaughter!!

I enoy getting out and going shooting.  I love shooting all over the Colorado Plateau in particular as it is reasonably close and of course I love shooting here in Colo. 

I've been a digital shooter for around 4 yrs now.  Started out with the Nikon D2x and recently found I couldn't resist the temptation of the D3. 

I'll try to figure how to load some images to the member galleries.

If I am in town, I'm quite interested in joining in on the Cheyenne Zoo outing in May.

Happy shooting to all,
Doug Bennett
Doug Bennett

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Introducing Myself!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 06:20:52 PM »
Doug,

Welcome!  Glad to hear that you are interested in joining us for the Zoo outing.  We have several other outings in mind too, we just need to fit them into our travel schedule.  We've talked about setting up an outing to one of the demonstration gardens here in Colorado Springs, but haven't yet followed up on the idea.  If you know of any gardens that might be appropriate, please let us know. 

Congratulations on the D3.  How long have you had it?  I've had my D3 now for almost 5 months, and I'm still learning how to best optimize it's capabilities.  We'll have to compare notes sometime.

I'll look forward to seeing some of your images in the member galleries.  There are some "helpful hints" that might make your first gallery posting a little easier in the "welcome" on the front page, and in the Forum Admin FAQ section.  Please ask if you have any questions.

We'll look forward to meeting you in person at an outing too.

Keith