Author Topic: Sean from England  (Read 1279 times)

msjhaffey

Sean from England
« on: September 09, 2008, 02:09:38 AM »
Let's make one thing clear - I am not a good photographer. :(

But I am a keen learner, and I heard this was a good place to be.

I have a Nikon D300, after previously owning a few P&S: Nikon Coolpix 990, Coolpix S7c, Olympus Camedia 3000 (I think) and prior to that an Olympus Mu (the original one) and in the early 1980s an Olympus OM-1.

I take pictures where and when I can.  I live in pretty but unspectacular Southern England and keep an album at msjhaffey dot zenfolio.com.

I know I have a lot to learn and I hope I don't get in your way (too much).

keithsnell

• Administrator
Re: Sean from England
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:15:58 AM »
Sean,

Wecome to the community!  Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.  The forums would be a very boring place to visit if nobody ever asked any questions.  For everyone brave enough to ask a "silly" question, there are at least 100 other people that would really like to ask that same or similar question, but are too timid to ask.  So please, ask away!

Rebecca and I both shoot Nikon (D2X and D3 respectively) and so can answer any questions you might have about the D300.  (For other folks reading this thread, we're also familiar with MANY other cameras from our workshops, and can help out with other brands as well.  I just downloaded and read through 9 different camera manuals in preparation for our workshop this weekend.)  There are also several other D300 shooters in the community that can help answer your questions as well.

Ironically, even though I enjoy helping others learn, I still believe that "I am not a good photographer," and I try to continue to learn and practice as much as I can.  The "weekly assignments" have been a great incentive for me to get out and explore (and practice) different aspects of my photography each week. 

Thank you for sharing your albums at zenfolio with us.  I enjoyed browsing through your Yosemite album and will look forward to browsing through more of the albums as I get a chance.

Again, wecome to the community.  Help us keep this an interesting place to visit by asking LOTs of questions!

Keith